• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: A Certain Scientific Railgun T Anime Confirms Dream Ranker Arc, New Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:12 am Reply with quote
Neato. Wonder how the delays will affect the amount of episodes we'll get (if they'll finish in streaming instead of on TV, if we'll get more delays and finish with the next season, etc). This is an arc I honestly don't remember much of, so there's that to look forward to as well.

Now after this is done we just need Astral Buddy to get announced Smile
Stiles

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:38 am Reply with quote
Dream Ranker isn't as good as the Daihaseisai, but it has some decent character interactions here and there. Should be better than the last awful filler arc, if nothing else.

They would do well to not adapt Astral Buddy until after the Index adaptation gets through the Mental Out arc. Focus needs to shift back to Index after this season of Railgun, not on side story material that requires more knowledge of the novels than your average anime-only will possess.
micah007

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:41 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed this upcoming arc, but I'm really looking forward to Saten's content.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Honestly the first half of the season should have been Liberal Arts island. Dream Ranker is pretty meh.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Stiles wrote:
They would do well to not adapt Astral Buddy until after the Index adaptation gets through the Mental Out arc. Focus needs to shift back to Index after this season of Railgun, not on side story material that requires more knowledge of the novels than your average anime-only will possess.

I've given up on NT at this point ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Not to mention that for them to get up to the Mental Out arc would be at least 3 cours, if not 4.
Kisuke525

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Stiles wrote:
Dream Ranker isn't as good as the Daihaseisai, but it has some decent character interactions here and there. Should be better than the last awful filler arc, if nothing else.

I completely agree on them needing to focus on Index next. A lot of anime only viewers don't realize that all of the Toaru series is more connected than they might think and I'm kinda worried that it's gonna hurt their enjoyment Sad . But man if they start to focus on Index next FOR THE LOVE OF GOD please adapt it well for once.
pikrodafni

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:35 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
Stiles wrote:

Not to mention that for them to get up to the Mental Out arc would be at least 3 cours, if not 4.

That would be logical yes,but considering what J.C. Staff did with Index III,it wouldn't surprise me if they did the first 10 volumes of NT in just 26 episodes.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:37 pm Reply with quote
^ That would be 3 cours to get into volume 11 then Razz
Stiles

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:32 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:

I understand your trepidation, but I think there's a fairly good chance that the To Aru adaptation will continue. Index III is an extremely good example of how the next major arc will need to be four cours at minimum, and that likely will end right before Mental Out.

After that, they could do a season of To Aru Kagaku no Mental Out, covering N11 and Astral Buddy.

I do wonder what the plan is for now though. Still no word of episode 13, so is Dream Ranker even going to start airing before July?
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Stiles wrote:
killjoy_the wrote:

I understand your trepidation, but I think there's a fairly good chance that the To Aru adaptation will continue. Index III is an extremely good example of how the next major arc will need to be four cours at minimum, and that likely will end right before Mental Out.

After that, they could do a season of To Aru Kagaku no Mental Out, covering N11 and Astral Buddy.

I do wonder what the plan is for now though. Still no word of episode 13, so is Dream Ranker even going to start airing before July?

https://youtu.be/mJKQRVew8vU

Episode 13 airs May 1st
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Honestly the first half of the season should have been Liberal Arts island. Dream Ranker is pretty meh.

I would have preferred that as well. Maybe we will get that as a movie...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1