• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Megami-ryō no Ryōbo-kun Manga's New Volume Listing Teases 'Reported Anime'

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heishi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:26 am Reply with quote
Does this manga have the typical harem tropes, like the annoying tsundere?
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Among the 6 heroines, 4 are big-sisterly, 1 is the lazy my pace kind and the last one is a tsundere classmate.
Heishi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
Among the 6 heroines, 4 are big-sisterly, 1 is the lazy my pace kind and the last one is a tsundere classmate.

Oh great...
Well, hopefully it will be something akin to Miss Caretaker of Sunohara-sou. I love those Onee-shouta type anime, despite not finding one really really good one.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Yes, it's basically Sunohara-sou with more older sister type characters.
Heishi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
Yes, it's basically Sunohara-sou with more older sister type characters.

Interesting...hee hee.
Although, judging from the main male character's design, he appears to look like a typical shonen looking kid.
Personally, I much prefer the more shyer, feminine, and weaker type shoutas as opposed to the ones who seem typically masculine or feminine but wants to be masculine.

What I'd like to see is a male MC but he feels more like a shojo MC in a shojo romance manga rather than your typical harem comedy ecchi.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Heishi wrote:
Personally, I much prefer the more shyer, feminine, and weaker type shoutas as opposed to the ones who seem typically masculine or feminine but wants to be masculine.

I know, right. This one is still enjoyable but having an otokonoko protagonist in such serie should be mandatory, otherwise it's rather hard to feel this family-like proximity that onee-shota usually have.
Heishi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I know, right. This one is still enjoyable but having an otokonoko protagonist in such serie should be mandatory, otherwise it's rather hard to feel this family-like proximity that onee-shota usually have.

Um, well, I don't mind feminine guys who dress as women, I'm all for guys dressing however they like but I'm talking more of a personality type. His behavior, to be more specific.

For example: he likes to be very clingy with his taller, stronger, and for a more optional type, a more masculine girlfriend, meaning his always wants to wrap his arms around his girlfriend's one arm. He also wants to feel like the princess/damsel in distress who will be rescued and protected by his female knight in shining armor from a bully, be it male/female. Does that make sense? I want him to feel like a male girlfriend rather than the boyfriend type.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:32 am Reply with quote
It doesn't need to be cross-dressed to fall under the otokonoko category, a short and effiminate submissive protagonist who is lead around by his onee-san while behaving bashfully like sunohara's Aki, that's what i had in mind.

Beside the fact that the kind i'm thinking of would be too shy to be clingy we are most likely on the same wavelength when thinking of a girlfriend-like protagonist, though they are a rarity in shonen series.
Heishi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:27 am Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
It doesn't need to be cross-dressed to fall under the otokonoko category, a short and effiminate submissive protagonist who is lead around by his onee-san while behaving bashfully like sunohara's Aki, that's what i had in mind.

Beside the fact that the kind i'm thinking of would be too shy to be clingy we are most likely on the same wavelength when thinking of a girlfriend-like protagonist, though they are a rarity in shonen series.

That's because female protagonists in shonen series are few and far between. They don't sell for some reason unless they are 90 percent ecchi fare like Medaka Kurokami or any of the To Love Ru girls. I'm not against fanservice(the best kind of fanservice for me is muscular females), but I'd like my female protagonist to be alot more than that. I'd like her to actually be HEROIC and LOVING. Oh, and have her be muscular. Hell, make almost all the female characters be muscular, while the male characters have small frail bodies, with certain exceptions. A gendered reverse Shonen Jump action anime.

As for the boyfriend, I guess he wouldn't be shy, but he does act alot like a girlfriend or a girl would act. In dramatic scenes, the male would be the one begging his female knight not to leave him as he's on the verge of tears, at other times he would ask her to kiss him. Its also important to note that the girlfriend be taller and stronger than him, so that he be the one that sits on her lap, rather than the other way around.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1