• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Presenting Osamu Dazai and The Taints

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:17 pm Reply with quote
I've never read any of the stories by any of the authors that are in this series, and most of my knowledge of them comes from Bungou Stray Dogs. But I'm basically only here for the pretty boys and the voice actors anyway, so for me this show is delivering quite nicely! With the added bonus of a talking cat.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Why does Nick's link in the discussion of Ryosuke Nakamura's thirsty shot composition lead to a Discord log-in page? Is he hanging out in chat 24/7 waiting for someone to drop by and discuss it? (I'm not a gamer and don't have a Discord account, and I'm gonna pass on creating one just to find out)

At least the article got me interested in seeing Aoi Bungaku. As for Taint Fighters, it's been ok so far (I much prefer Touken Ranbu's sword boys, which has the same plot except history instead of literature), though I might lose interest by the time it returns from quarantine.
jesusalcala11

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Why does Nick's link in the discussion of Ryosuke Nakamura's thirsty shot composition lead to a Discord log-in page? Is he hanging out in chat 24/7 waiting for someone to drop by and discuss it? (I'm not a gamer and don't have a Discord account, and I'm gonna pass on creating one just to find out)

I do have a Discord and that link does not work.
My guess is they clicked "Copy Message Link" rather than "Copy Link".
So when they made the web version they pasted the wrong URL.
Peebs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:47 pm Reply with quote
I dropped this show faster than you drop a hot potato. I lie. I did watch all 3 episodes and then got pissed off that Dazai has to scream all his lines and be such a drama queen, amongst other things. So I went and rewatched the first season of Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru and reread all the Bungo Stray Dogs manga I have.

And I do love me pretty anime boys, but I draw the line somewhere. I did fail to make the "taint" connection. Now I won't be able to forget. Thank you, guys.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:02 pm Reply with quote
jesusalcala11 wrote:

My guess is they clicked "Copy Message Link" rather than "Copy Link".
So when they made the web version they pasted the wrong URL.

Yeah it looks like something got garbled, but for those curious it's this particular shot from Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Fixed, not sure HOW that happened but now you can enjoy butt with hinderance.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TarutoClown93

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:29 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

At least the article got me interested in seeing Aoi Bungaku. As for Taint Fighters, it's been ok so far (I much prefer Touken Ranbu's sword boys, which has the same plot except history instead of literature), though I might lose interest by the time it returns from quarantine.

The funny thing is that both TR and B&A share the same publisher, DMM but this one is based off a browser game, similar to KanColle.
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:35 pm Reply with quote
TarutoClown93 wrote:
The funny thing is that both TR and B&A share the same publisher, DMM, but this one is based off a browser game, similar to KanColle.

I thought TR was also a browser game, too? I keep meaning to get I to it, but alas I’m lazy.
TarutoClown93

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:33 pm Reply with quote
rahzel rose wrote:
TarutoClown93 wrote:
The funny thing is that both TR and B&A share the same publisher, DMM, but this one is based off a browser game, similar to KanColle.

I thought TR was also a browser game, too? I keep meaning to get I to it, but alas I’m lazy.

TR is also a browser game as well remember.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1