• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digimon Adventure: Anime Restarts Broadcast From Episode 1 on Sunday

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XtremeAnimeDan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:51 am Reply with quote
If I'm reading this correctly, then barring any further delays the new episode will begin June 28. So there's still a whole month to go before new episodes arrive.
yeehaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:16 am Reply with quote
So will there be new episodes after the re-airings?
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:10 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't expecting the Digimon reboot to return this early so this is good news. But I hope Toei is maintaining a safe working environment for their staff and voice cast.
gedata

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Digimon Adventure: Anime Restarts

Neat
Quote:
Broadcast From Episode 1

....crap.[/quote]
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Considering there’s a pandemic still going on, I think we can handle waiting three more weeks for new episodes.
peno

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Yes, but considering that Pokémon anime, which, be honest, is still one of Digimon's biggest rivals, will resume this week with actual new episodes, this worries me for Digimon future. On the other hand. it may be that Pokémon's decision to resume airing may be what prompted Toei and/or Fuji TV to do this and if that's true, then that's even more worrisome, because it may mean they quickened production despite health concerns for the show's staff and cast. Yeah, I am contradicting myself here, but... I can't help.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:10 pm Reply with quote
If airing reruns for three weeks to let people catch up who missed out on it the first time they aired is enough to kill the Digimon franchise, the Adventure reboot had no chance from the start. I'm just saying people should be more understanding of the situation instead of demanding content be made for them right here and now.
#sukkar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:10 am Reply with quote
peno wrote:
Yes, but considering that Pokémon anime, which, be honest, is still one of Digimon's biggest rivals, will resume this week with actual new episodes, this worries me for Digimon future. On the other hand. it may be that Pokémon's decision to resume airing may be what prompted Toei and/or Fuji TV to do this and if that's true, then that's even more worrisome, because it may mean they quickened production despite health concerns for the show's staff and cast. Yeah, I am contradicting myself here, but... I can't help.

There is a ton more brand syngery to keep with the Pokemon anime - it needs to stay as close to game and merchandise releases as possible.
Qulex

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:52 am Reply with quote
peno wrote:

That's one assumption. Toei's shows were rumoured to resume airing before anything was announced for Pokemon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1