• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Irregular at Magic High School Novel Series Ends After 12 Years in September

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookiemanstah

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:30 pm Reply with quote
should get a full adaptation. The anime was fun as hell but it's subject to so much derision and ridicule
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:02 am Reply with quote
So about how many volumes can we guess the 2nd season to cover?
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:30 am Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:
should get a full adaptation. The anime was fun as hell but it's subject to so much derision and ridicule

Because the damn thing doesn't explain anything, I read some chapters of the manga and got to the conclusion that 5 mins of exposition on episode one would have fixed 50% of the complains I had.

You were supposed to enter the show's site and read the exposition there, I have no idea of whose idea was that but making your clients do homework in order to get your product it's not a good thing.
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:30 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:

Its a 1 cour Season and will be adapting the Visito Arc, so Volume 9-11
TichoSlicer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:12 am Reply with quote
Well, +1 to the list of animes that we will never get to the end of the source material ;/ F...
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:24 am Reply with quote
Minos_Kurumada wrote:
cookiemanstah wrote:

Because the damn thing doesn't explain anything, I read some chapters of the manga and got to the conclusion that 5 mins of exposition on episode one would have fixed 50% of the complains I had.

You were supposed to enter the show's site and read the exposition there, I have no idea of whose idea was that but making your clients do homework in order to get your product it's not a good thing.

Yeah, completely agree. The magic system/deeper social structure and whatnot in the series make sense... if only they had damn explained them.

Reminds me of Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon. I swear to god, if one reads the 1st chapter of Vol1 of the LN and jumps straight to the anime almost all complains people have with the series would go up in smokes, mainly the "wtf is happening and why".
CrypticPurpose

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:11 am Reply with quote
Would love to see this get a full adaptation - if Shaman King can get one, so should this. Then again, I'm still waiting for Spice and Wolf, too...
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:02 am Reply with quote
How exciting! Time to jump back into the novels now that I know there’s an end in sight.
the green death

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Another of the big name Light Novels to wind down. Wonder what the next break-out hit will be?
tsog

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Sure feels like a lot of popular light novels are ending this year. KonoSuba, Hataraku Maou-sama, Data a Live, and this. I almost included Oregairu (late last year) and Overlord (announced) as well.
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:28 pm Reply with quote
AnimeFlyz wrote:
Covnam wrote:

Its a 1 cour Season and will be adapting the Visito Arc, so Volume 9-11

Thanks for the info. Guess it will be quite a bit to cover everything if that's even in the cards.
Morry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:06 pm Reply with quote
I would like this to get a full adaptation, but aren't there over 30 volumes? And the second season will only be covering up to volume 11? I guess there will be no hope.
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:07 am Reply with quote
Morry wrote:
I would like this to get a full adaptation, but aren't there over 30 volumes? And the second season will only be covering up to volume 11? I guess there will be no hope.

It is possible that they will adapt the rest of the volumes if the selling of the second season CDs performed well. We can only hope that it will happen.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Damn. Mahouka is ending. Ain't no way the anime will reach the end with 32 volumes considering where we will be at after the 2nd season. They took too long.

CrypticPurpose wrote:
Would love to see this get a full adaptation - if Shaman King can get one, so should this. Then again, I'm still waiting for Spice and Wolf, too...

This is such a bad post. You can see people just say things without knowing anything. The two aren't comparable. One is a (originally) Jump manga series and the other is a Light Novel. One sold 35 million and the other sold 10 million. One has a worldwide fanbase. The other is strictly Japan with little overseas following. When was the last time you saw a 30+ volume LN get its story completed? Just this past decade alone, there have been many old school manga's getting remakes and finishing the story like Ushio & Tora or JoJo (eventually), for example. If SK is getting one, it is justified. LN's are a different case.

Morry wrote:
I would like this to get a full adaptation, but aren't there over 30 volumes?

The article literally says how many under the title and in the 1st paragraph.
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:43 pm Reply with quote
The series has a lot of interesting world building and some interesting magic systems but my god did the author have to do...

spoiler[incest route?]

It honestly annoyed me so much
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1