• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Knights of Sidonia Gets 2021 Film With All-New Story

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeTroyes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:39 pm Reply with quote
I'll take it, although I would have preferred an s3.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The new film will take a different path from the manga

Darn it. I just wanted Season 3 and more angela. Now we get a movie and a theme and insert song not by angela.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Rob19ny wrote:
Quote:
The new film will take a different path from the manga

Darn it. I just wanted Season 3 and more angela. Now we get a movie and a theme and insert song not by angela.
i only saw the insert song mentioned. there's still hope for the ED by angela?
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Knight of Sidonia started out as pretty good sci-fi show,then just devolved into this really bad space harem. It's also hard to get excited for anything from Polygon Pictures,since their CG has not really improved all that much since the first season of this. Looks even worse,when you see what other studios,such as what Orange has done with CG animation.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:01 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

It's in the article.

Quote:
CAPSULE is performing the theme song and insert songs for the film.

It's a movie. Theme song in movie terms has traditionally been ED song unless stated or shown otherwise.

Last edited by Rob19ny on Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:02 am Reply with quote
I remember they posted about doing a season 3 a few years back when Blame! premiered.
So now they are doing this instead? and an orignal movie as well? Hmm... I Dont know.

So is this going to be just an original story with an anime orignal ending? or just a side track and they will still do something about the manga plot in another s3?

Well i guess il take it, KOS is one of the few fully CGI and Mech anime i actually like and at least we are getting something new. I just hope it goes well.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:02 am Reply with quote
That's a relief, not only there is still hope for a 3rd season if this movie isn't canon but also it might even help for another season to happen depending of the sales, i can't imagine Sidonia's anime without Angela though.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:34 am Reply with quote
I'm guessing there's some production issues that's holding Angela back, but I do prefer if they contribute a song or two.

I've always thought the weirdness in Sidonia's story (like how it had harem elements) were purely intentional and it might have contributed to the kinda rushed ending. I'm interested to know where they're gonna take the story now.
Dfens

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:52 am Reply with quote
I hope they fix the BS shit the bed ending the manga got. Was going to buy the physical release and after reading it you couldn't give it to me for free.

But from the poster I don't know if it will be that much different.

Hated the manga ending so much I sold my Blu Ray copies of season 1 and 2, if they fix the series I might re-buy it.
spoon89

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Best news I've read all week, and I'd say a movie is quite an interesting choice, it would be way past the hour and a half mark, I conjecture it should be about 2 hours long. It's still many months away but I'm thoroughly excited about the prospect. Cool
Firefly251

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:04 pm Reply with quote
this is the series that showed me why CGI anime can be great. (and then watched ajin and saw how bad it can be)

really wish they'd just make S3 to finish anime off, but I guess movie with new story is fine.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
That's a relief, not only there is still hope for a 3rd season if this movie isn't canon but also it might even help for another season to happen depending of the sales, i can't imagine Sidonia's anime without Angela though.

Yeah, glad we're getting more since hopefully we'll eventually get another season.

Like spoon89 said, hopefully it's got a good length and not too short.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1