• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Opens on April 8, 2022

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:22 am Reply with quote
Good, outside of the first 2 minutes, I thought it was a solid film. If only more gaming films were like it.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:27 am Reply with quote
If it wasn't for the covid situation this could of been even more successful with the chinese and japan release, it got released in the later but this situation did not improve it much at all.

Hopefully the next one will more than make up for it, it seems certain people in hollywood have started to do some decent adaptations as the film was good.
lledra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:41 am Reply with quote
I am so excited! I was not expecting the 1st to be as enjoyable as it was, or me loving it as much as I did.I really can't wait to see what the next movie will be like!
Southkaio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:57 pm Reply with quote
I would like to hear the voices of Ben Mendelsohn and Peter Kelamis in the movie.
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Please, please, PLEASE have Eggman say "I hate that hedgehog!" in this one when he loses again!
AutoOps007

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:55 pm Reply with quote
From a trailer that became an internet meme to a international box office success with good critical reception, and now a sequel announced during a global pandemic. Man have we come a long way. Wil very much be looking forward to the next one. So far, this is the first and only movie I would risk going to cinemas for when it comes out.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Alright, wonderful news! Very Happy
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Great news! Hopefully by next year, the pandemic will finally start to die down to the point of finally being safe enough to start shooting movies again and if it does, then maybe the sequel will be able to make its April 2022 release date but if the pandemic is still around by then, then expect a pushback.

Looking forward to seeing how Sonic meets Tails for the first time in the next one will go!
taster of pork

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Awesome news. Paramount was really lucky the first Movie came out right before the pandemic started.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1