• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonDoe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:52 am Reply with quote
This did not strike me as the sort of show that would get a second season. I just assumed that it would be a one and done kind of thing like Cautious Hero. But I'm real happy that a second season is happening.

Btw you guys forgot to include a really cute video of Uzaki chan's VA learning the news.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:53 am Reply with quote
I can tell some people in certain social media sites will be very upset over this news. Anime hyper

After watching the first season, while I don’ regret it, but the jokes are too repetitive so I probably won’t be following the second season
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:10 am Reply with quote
Well that was fast didn't think it would get another season so fast
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:19 am Reply with quote
JonDoe wrote:
This did not strike me as the sort of show that would get a second season. I just assumed that it would be a one and done kind of thing like Cautious Hero. But I'm real happy that a second season is happening.

Same, especially with all the negative attention it got. I'm up for more annoying oppai loli!

Engineering Nerd wrote:
I can tell some people in certain social media sites will be very upset over this news. Anime hyper

You took the words right out of my mouth, these people have balls for continuing this.
olgita

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:26 am Reply with quote
Best news of this century spoiler[I didn't even watch this show but I'm happy because the nonsense sh*tstorm that people made of this anime was so ridiculous it wasn't even funny anymore... So yeah, this is the perfect answer for these people ] Twisted Evil
CrypticPurpose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:31 am Reply with quote
This was a cute slow-burn romance with zero drama, perfect for a nightmare year like 2020 - looking forward to more!
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:47 am Reply with quote
Show is a nice breezy watch for me. Nice to see it getting a season 2.
jree78

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:03 pm Reply with quote
I like this show, but the first episode was annoying, but thankfully the first episode was the most max level annoying it got to me. So happy it's getting a second season. This and the fishing show was my favorite on Funimation.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:08 pm Reply with quote
So Uzaki-Chan gets season 2 while an underrated Wave,Listen to Me didn't get season 2. Sad.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm very pleased to see this love/buddy series get another season. It's the perfect brainless anime to look forward to for another year of brainlessness. Wink
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:48 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't have give it priority for a sequel but as i enjoy both the manga and the anime so why not,
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:49 pm Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
So Uzaki-Chan gets season 2 while an underrated Wave,Listen to Me didn't get season 2. Sad.

Sure I guess? Depends on what you like. Dont know why it has to be a comparison.
Gasero

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Uzaki-chan is seems like such a low-budget show that a second season probably has very little financial risk compared to the number of people watching.

The show annoyed me at first, but I was enjoying it by the end of season 1.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:00 pm Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:

Yes, two anime based on manga that are published by a completely different companies, aired on an utterly different channels, animated by a totally different studios, & features absolutely none of the involved production committee members.

It's almost as if the anime industry isn't a singular entity, and that Wave not getting a second season has absolutely nothing to do with Uzaki getting one.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Gasero wrote:
Uzaki-chan is seems like such a low-budget show that a second season probably has very little financial risk compared to the number of people watching.

Usually when a new season is announced right at the end of the current one, it was already in the plans and, depending on when it's set to air, possibly already being animated/recorded by the time it's announced.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2