• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Rocket Panda Games Announces Phantom Breaker: Omnia Game for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC in 2021

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Villain-chan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:35 pm Reply with quote
This better release this time, Extra was supposed to release in the US on PS3 b4 being quietly can'd so only JP got it. Always ticked me off Phantom breaker, a spin off of it from what i understand got so many releases and ports here but never the OG game or tis enhanced port of the OG game (And Omnia is an enhanced game of the OG two there with mroe features and chars)
Psajdak

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Nostalgia is weird thing.

I didn't really like ChaoS;HEAd when I watched it, and I pretty much forgot Rimis name, nor did I ever care about her, but once I saw her in this game, it did mademe kinda happy to see her.

Btw, so many great 2000s seiyu.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:59 pm Reply with quote
It's cool that they're dubbing it and going with a good mix of LA and Texas VA's. They even got Kurisu and Rimi's English VA's back.
OtherSideofSky

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to this since I had a good time with the PS3 version of Extra, but I really hope this one ditches the original unlock system. Having to go through arcade mode doing all the randomized optional challenges with so many different characters was both time-consuming and not at all fun.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Villain-chan wrote:
This better release this time, Extra was supposed to release in the US on PS3 b4 being quietly can'd so only JP got it. Always ticked me off Phantom breaker, a spin off of it from what i understand got so many releases and ports here but never the OG game or tis enhanced port of the OG game (And Omnia is an enhanced game of the OG two there with mroe features and chars)

To be fair, the original was supposed to be released in English, but got canned due to the publisher not expecting how much of a physical print run Microsoft wanted, that, and the company going out of business that same year. Extra though was supposed to be the same, was a survey for it too, but it didn't get anywhere, until now for this release.

OtherSideofSky wrote:
Looking forward to this since I had a good time with the PS3 version of Extra, but I really hope this one ditches the original unlock system. Having to go through arcade mode doing all the randomized optional challenges with so many different characters was both time-consuming and not at all fun.

Looking at the screenshots from the official site, one of them shows the CSS and has everyone (except the 2 new characters yet to be officially revealed) playable at the start, so at least you don't have to go through various methods to unlock characters again. (Unless otherwise noted.)

Either way, I'll be checking this out, considering I've already have most of the PB series on all platforms so far.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:37 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
It's cool that they're dubbing it and going with a good mix of LA and Texas VA's. They even got Kurisu and Rimi's English VA's back.

With Carrie Savage now living in NYC, they also got NYC VA representation. For those unaware, Caitlin Gass was 1 of 2 ADR director's for the Eng. dub of "Chaos;Head".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1