• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Isekai Meikyū de Harem o Light Novels Listed With TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FiendHunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Talk about generic plots Rolling Eyes (at least from that description....).
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Everything about this one sounds like bland and generic. It will probably be adapted by a D-tier studio and will just rot behind Funimation's servers when it airs.
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Nice. If they do it based on the LN, it should be enjoyable. If they do it based on the manga, don't bother watching till the blu-rays because it will be full of light bars Laughing
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:17 am Reply with quote
As someone that is reading the manga all i can say damn i didn't see this coming and its gonna be heavily censored i bet i mean spoiler[u got sex scenes, them washing themself in erotic ways etc so ye makes u wonder how far they will take it]
VanGosroth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:35 am Reply with quote
Cautiously optimistic. Manga looks nice.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:36 am Reply with quote
Oh, man. THIS one.

For those who don't know, the title shown here is modified from the original webnovel's title. Specifically, one word was redacted for the professional release. Originally, it didn't just say "harem" -- it said "slave harem".

Yeah. It's that kind of story. The moderators have my condolences; there's probably more than one trainwreck thread coming their way.

(Spreadsheet updated. I should note that on the all-time point rankings on Shousetsuka ni Narou, this story is currently ranked #20. Five years ago, when all but 11 of its current chapters had been posted, it was ranked #4 -- right between Eighth Son and Arifureta. Digging back further, it looks like it was the story Mushoku Tensei displaced from the #1 slot, sometime in late 2013. What I'm saying is, back in its day, it was top dog; this is one of the big Narou stories, and may well be to blame for all the goddamn slave harem stories that have been written there since.)
GhostD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:30 am Reply with quote
This was a pleasant albeit weird surprise. As someone whos read the novels I can look forward to this...for all the weird reasons
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:49 am Reply with quote
So now ANN is censoring the word 'Slave' from even the name of series?

Kind of misleading if u ask me.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:55 am Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:
What I'm saying is, back in its day, it was top dog; this is one of the big Narou stories, and may well be to blame for all the goddamn slave harem stories that have been written there since.)
...HOW?

I tried reading it and it was the most boring slog of my life. Everything remotely interesting got glossed over and every mind-numbing drop, stat, and paranoid concern took 20 pages.
all-tsun-and-no-dere
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:02 am Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:

No, the publishers changed the title when it went from web novel to light novel. I know reading comprehension is tough, but I'm not sure why you would leap to the conclusion that this is ANN's doing.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:27 am Reply with quote
all-tsun-and-no-dere wrote:
Thespacemaster wrote:

No, the publishers changed the title when it went from web novel to light novel. I know reading comprehension is tough, but I'm not sure why you would leap to the conclusion that this is ANN's doing.

I will admit that i jumped the gun and did not do my research and made an incorrect assumption so my bad. Sorry.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:38 am Reply with quote
all-tsun-and-no-dere wrote:

It might be my fault. Looking back at my phrasing, it could've been clearer. >_> Though in my defense, I wouldn't exactly have expected anyone to interpret it as RAARGH ANN CENSORSHIP, and I did say "for the professional release" -- even if it doesn't jump out the way "for the light novel and manga releases" would.

And yeah, this was popular. I can't even credit the update rate -- it had 70 chapters in its first year, compared to Mushoku Tensei's 145, TenSura's 226, Arifureta's 123, and Kumo Desu Ga's whopping 402. ('Course, those were later stories, so maybe writers didn't need to update as often to get popular in the quieter Narou of 2011.)

I've also wondered before if it had less obvious influences on the cliches of Narou isekai, but Kim Morrissy finds that doubtful.
TichoSlicer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:21 am Reply with quote
OK OK OK!!! Now we are talking about!!! Now the only one that we still need an anime is Parallel Paridise! LETS GO BOYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

(I hope they adapt the manga ;p And yeah, this one you SHOULD wait for the BDs lol)
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:21 am Reply with quote
I have not read the light novels or web novels but the manga is excellent. If they can stick to that standard of quality it should do well.
topgun97

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:55 am Reply with quote
TichoSlicer wrote:
OK OK OK!!! Now we are talking about!!! Now the only one that we still need an anime is Parallel Paridise! LETS GO BOYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

(I hope they adapt the manga ;p And yeah, this one you SHOULD wait for the BDs lol)

Since you mentioned Parallel ParadiseI checked out the first 2 chapters and.... it’s basically hentai dude (nice). But good luck getting that a decent anime adaptation, if they don’t cut stuff out the entire screen is going to be black.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3