• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Laid-Back Camp Season 2

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:46 pm Reply with quote
I honestly wish that Crunchyroll would have dubbed s1 by now.
Oggers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:55 pm Reply with quote
I didn't watch the first season while it was airing, but I decided to try watching it on a whim in 2019 and it really grew on me. The girls camping during the off-season reminds me a lot of all the times I've been up our family cottage in Muskoka during the fall (we do have electricity and running water there, but no wi-fi or central heating, so we rely on our fireplace a lot and it can get pretty cozy), and that's probably the biggest reason why i enjoy this series more than most "cute girls doing cute things" shows.

Looking forward to how this season plays out!
Saezurigai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I bought a pack of cup noodles explicitly so I could eat them alongside the premiere.

I always watch with one or two cups of hot tea and a blanket. Nothing beats that cozy feeling, even if I just sit in my living room. These first episodes sure made me realize how much I miss living by the sea though
phia_one

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Time to get COMFY! This anime is so relaxing and I say that as a person that isn't into outdoor activities at all.

On a side note, I'm still waiting for a physical release of the 1st season.
Kamijou Touma

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:24 pm Reply with quote
This is my weekly relaxation. I want to go camping now because of this show.

Last edited by Kamijou Touma on Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Kamijou Touma wrote:
This is why weekly relaxation. I want to go camping now because of this show.

There was apparently an incident where some idiot in Japan tried to go camping because of this show...and started a huge forest fire.
scowler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:41 pm Reply with quote
This show kind of reminds me of Girls’ Last Tour, which is kind of strange given the setting of that show is dystopian science fiction.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:53 pm Reply with quote
i like this one but it still feels weire to read " crafted by a team of talented animators" after it was found out they picked up images from google and ran photoshop filters over them.
Bexarath

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:21 am Reply with quote
This show returning was legitimately the thing that got me most hyped for this season. It's like a warm blanket giving comfort in the cold January winter.
Northlander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
There was apparently an incident where some idiot in Japan tried to go camping because of this show...and started a huge forest fire.

Then that idiot didn't pay attention to maybe the most crucial part of the entire show, even if it's not necessarily the part people watch it for.
myfairx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:54 pm Reply with quote
The dawn scene at the end of S2E01 is my favorite scene in the whole franchise so far. Knocking down my former favorite in S1E03 when Nadeshiko walks to Rin's tent at fumotoppara (too at dawn!)

gosh! I love traveling and every time, the late night / dawn is my favorite time of the day. Whether it's ferry transit, car / bus stopping at the rest area, or late-night landing. catching a breather spoiler[(or smoke, in my case)] under the cold night sky surrounded by limited amount of lights is the best experience ever.

Haven't been anywhere for a year, the scene where Nadeshiko calling out to Rin across the road from the convenience store, hit me real hard in a nostalgic kind of way. This anime is tailor-made for me!

And on the side note, the attention to detail in color and lights Anime exclamation so impressive!
mjvito

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:

What's the source for this? Google search in English and Japanese brings up no news items suggesting this happened.

I suspect it originates with this 4chan thread, which bled into Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Animemes/comments/7x575a/yuru_camp_causes_forest_fire_in_mexico/

There were forest fires in Mexico in 2018 January. 4chan anons blamed Yuru Camp.

Last edited by mjvito on Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
phia_one

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

Some really good comedy bits in this episode. The comedy is a large reason why this show clicked so well for me.
q_3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:23 pm Reply with quote
mjvito wrote:
There were forest fires in Mexico in 2018 January. 4chan anons blamed Yuru Camp.

Secret Society B.L.A.N.K.E.T. has an orbital beam weapon?!
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Arise, fellow campers! Cool

Episode 6 is really great because I took for granted that these girls will have a easy and cozy time with their camping trip as usual. But wow, I didn't expect them to underestimate Mother Nature of all things. And now next episode will be the start of Nadeshiko following in Rin's footsteps.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4