• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Higehiro: After Being Rejected, I Shaved and Took in a High School Runaway Novels End in 5th V

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nayrael

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:34 am Reply with quote
Oh? Now I wonder if the Anime will cover the entire series.
Cryten

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:02 am Reply with quote
Possible but it would no doubt involve a lot of cuts unless the books where quite light. Though considering the ending isnt out yet and planning for the anime would no doubt be complete by now I would call it very unlikely.

We have seen quite a few shows annoucing their ending just as their shows are airing. I wonder if this is because of covid delays in anime production. Since ruining the hype of an anime series seems like a bad play. People are less likely to collect a series knowing that it has no future.
Seagloom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:33 am Reply with quote
^The anime could also be a vehicle to boost sales for the final volume. Watch the anime for most of the story, then pick up the last volume or two to see how it ends. Pushing merch is also a possibility. This may be their last, best chance to rake in a sizable profit from the series before it is largely forgotten.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:40 am Reply with quote
Cryten wrote:
Possible but it would no doubt involve a lot of cuts unless the books where quite light. Though considering the ending isnt out yet and planning for the anime would no doubt be complete by now I would call it very unlikely.

We have seen quite a few shows annoucing their ending just as their shows are airing. I wonder if this is because of covid delays in anime production. Since ruining the hype of an anime series seems like a bad play. People are less likely to collect a series knowing that it has no future.

It is also possible the LN writer intended for the series to be short. A lot of what-ifs to be had.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:09 am Reply with quote
I kinda hope this means the anime will cover it all though usualy its like 3vols per 12/13ep if i recall good so surely a bunch stuff would need ot be cut out or maybe if they plan to make a short 30-45min long movie as an ending.
But welp as we seen with promised neverland and horimiya cutting lots of content doesnt seem to be much of a problem for them....
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:29 am Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
I kinda hope this means the anime will cover it all though usualy its like 3vols per 12/13ep if i recall good so surely a bunch stuff would need ot be cut out or maybe if they plan to make a short 30-45min long movie as an ending.

Toradora covered all 10 volumes of the novels in 25 episodes, and that includes two anime-original eps and a side story.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Utsuro no Hako wrote:
Toradora covered all 10 volumes of the novels in 25 episodes, and that includes two anime-original eps and a side story.

But it was quite truncated toward the end. The last volume came out a year after the anime had already aired so a lot of the late stuff was left out.
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Utsuro no Hako wrote:

But it was quite truncated toward the end. The last volume came out a year after the anime had already aired so a lot of the late stuff was left out.

The final novel came out the same month as the anime finished, and the staff had an outline of the book to work from. Stuff got left out, especially involving the teacher, but that's true for the earlier books as well. Some details about the very end are different, but the only drastic change is Ami's final character arc.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:30 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if this means the anime will end up, relatively, covering the entire story from start to finish for a full-circle adaption.
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Interesting. So I guess the anime can cover most of the series then. Hopefully we can get another season or some OVAs to finish up the story as needed =)
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:27 pm Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
But welp as we seen with promised neverland and horimiya cutting lots of content doesnt seem to be much of a problem for them....

Who exactly is "them"? None of the staff that worked on Horimiya or TPN are working on Higehiro
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:24 am Reply with quote
This is a common light eichi, or hentai trope so it's no surprise of it's shortness. There's only two basic ways it could end unless it gets ridiculous for rediculousness sake.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:56 am Reply with quote
Not a surprise - there are many guys who take in runaway high school girls in Japan Laughing
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:34 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Not a surprise - there are many guys who take in runaway high school girls in Japan Laughing
Not to, or for, the healthy benefit of the highschool girl I would wager.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1