• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: KONOSUBA - God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! Light Novel Gets New Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:14 am Reply with quote
About god damn time
anstar019

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:39 am Reply with quote
I think all the anime in the isekai quartet have gotten a new season now.

Overlord S4,
Tanya S2,
Re zero finished its S2 second cour.

Now, Konosuba S3 has arrived my guys.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:50 am Reply with quote
More Konosuba is definitely welcome.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:55 am Reply with quote
This is one of the few series that somehow got a continuation despite the ln series already ending. Its really rare to see, which shows how popular it is.
micah007

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:16 am Reply with quote
Yeeeesssssss. Can't wait for more information. Going to see the last movie in theatres was one of my favorite movie experiences ever.
09jcg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:17 am Reply with quote
Hopefully they give it a complete adaptation. It's not so common anymore but two 24 episode seasons and a movie could probably do it
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:28 am Reply with quote
I hope they use the less lewd art style, I disfrute the jokes more without excessive giggling distracting me.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:30 am Reply with quote
Finally!
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:50 am Reply with quote
Oh yes, one of my favorite comedies. New seasons are always welcome.
Melicans

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:30 am Reply with quote
09jcg wrote:
Hopefully they give it a complete adaptation. It's not so common anymore but two 24 episode seasons and a movie could probably do it

With the series over, that will never happen. My guess is it will be a new film adapting one or two volumes, or they will skip right to the end of the series to give it a real conclusion. Less likely, an OVA of the Megumin spinoff.
09jcg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Melicans wrote:
09jcg wrote:

With the series over, that will never happen. My guess is it will be a new film adapting one or two volumes, or they will skip right to the end of the series to give it a real conclusion. Less likely, an OVA of the Megumin spinoff.
I would.t.be too sure. Oregaru and saekano both got complete adaptations after their source ended. Quints is also getting a final movie with the source completed. While anime is often an ad, it isn't always an ad and Konosuba seems to be profitable enough to justify more.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:35 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually really happy about this

On a side note I noticed funimation even posted this as well. Does anyone else think that's gonna cause confusion with people who are now (incorrectly) going to think funimation will be streaming it? (Obviously the crunchyroll deal could still happen but thays still not a certainty at this point)
paulchaested

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
I'm actually really happy about this

On a side note I noticed funimation even posted this as well. Does anyone else think that's gonna cause confusion with people who are now (incorrectly) going to think funimation will be streaming it? (Obviously the crunchyroll deal could still happen but thays still not a certainty at this point)

CR is definitely getting this, they've got S1, S2 and the movie and it's one of their flagship isekais and definitely not gonna let any other services get it... Funi apparently hired a new social manager that's having all their writers copying what CR does which is reporting anything anime related regardless of what platform it's streaming on.

Ex. Funimation was writing articles heavily promoting Nagatoro and Eden Zero and CR and Netflix respectively yoinked it away from Funi.
Juno016

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
This is one of the few series that somehow got a continuation despite the ln series already ending. Its really rare to see, which shows how popular it is.

We've seen a growing trend in the last 5 years or so that anime have been treated as their own products, not only because they're profitable on their own, but also because they keep a franchise relevant for longer, allowing them to keep other production committee teams happy with merchandise and advertising. Some older series are even reviving for continuation here and there on the simple fact that they're perceived to have stood the test of time. Whether the original work is finished yet or not matters little anymore.
JonDoe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:02 pm Reply with quote
It took four long years but these four lovable idiots are finally coming back!

And now three-fourths of the Isekai Quartet have new seasons in the works. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Re Zero ends up getting a third season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2