• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Deer King, Tokyo Revengers, 'Fire Craft' Films Screen at Fantasia Int'l Film Festival

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perroloco

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:38 am Reply with quote
This is a digital festival right? Can anyone help me, is there a way to watch this outside Canada? (Has anyone done it?)..
I am pretty sure I watched a Japanese film there that's why I ask, although iirc it was a free movie... Or maybe I confused it with other festival.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:14 am Reply with quote
perroloco wrote:
This is a digital festival right? Can anyone help me, is there a way to watch this outside Canada? (Has anyone done it?)..
I am pretty sure I watched a Japanese film there that's why I ask, although iirc it was a free movie... Or maybe I confused it with other festival.

I watched a film from a Canadian film festival once (Toronto Japanese Film Festival), all it required was using a Canadian VPN and it worked fine aside from the network quality not being the best. (For the record I bought a ticket so I wasn't pirating or anything)
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:20 pm Reply with quote
perroloco wrote:

So if you go to the website, some films have digital screenings available, while others are in theaters only. There's a menu at the top that lets you divide the two so you can only see what's available digitally to make things easier. Also their FAQ page is really helpful when trying to figure out how to access digital screenings (like how you need to create an account beforehand, etc...)

The Satoshi Kon documentary, The Illusionist, should be available to purchase and watch digitally from Aug 5 - 25th (with English subs too, not French), so that's definitely the one I'm checking out!

ETA - changed the release window for digital screenings since it was updated more accurately on the website
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1