• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Laws of the Universe Film Opens at #2, Macross Delta: Zettai LIVE!!!!!! at #6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marzan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:44 am Reply with quote
Nr. 6 on an opening weekend? Is that any good? It feels a bit lower than I would expect from a Macross film. It’s also a bit interesting that at the same time Walkure’s album is top of the Amazon list
omnistry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:03 am Reply with quote
How much do you wanna bet that Happy Science’s head bought most of the tickets for the new Laws of the Universe to make them seem more legit?
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:16 am Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
How much do you wanna bet that Happy Science’s head bought most of the tickets for the new Laws of the Universe to make them seem more legit?

Is that a common practice of theirs? Honest question.
Neko-sensei

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:23 am Reply with quote
I watched Child of Kamiari Month this weekend, which opened on the 8th. Apparently it didn't crack the top ten? I'm a bit surprised since it was promoted quite heavily by the theaters near me.

It's a very sincere little movie despite its limited production values—it may be no masterpiece, but I think it deserves better than instant oblivion!

Marzan wrote:
Nr. 6 on an opening weekend? Is that any good? It feels a bit lower than I would expect from a Macross film.
That movie opened on a much smaller number of screens than Child of Kamiari Month so yeah, it's pretty good. I happened to be at the theater at opening time on Friday (I have a weird work schedule) and witnessed a midsized gaggle of Macross fans rushing in to buy the limited edition goods from the cinema shop. I'd say the franchise is in good shape.

Last edited by Neko-sensei on Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:37 am; edited 2 times in total
omnistry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:53 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
omnistry wrote:

Is that a common practice of theirs? Honest question.

Considering their leader has lied a lot (including about its number of followers, with your only roughly tens of thousands instead of tens of millions like he claims), I can say that it’s very likely. Mother’s Basement’s video about them was very eye-opening!
Amiantos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:56 am Reply with quote
Neko-sensei wrote:
I watched Child of Kamiari Month this weekend, which opened on the 8th. Apparently it didn't crack the top ten? I'm a bit surprised since it was promoted quite heavily by the theaters near me.

It's a very sincere little movie despite its limited production values—it may be no masterpiece, but I think it deserves better than instant oblivion!

Marzan wrote:
Nr. 6 on an opening weekend? Is that any good? It feels a bit lower than I would expect from a Macross film.
That movie opened on a much smaller number of screens than Child of Kamiari Month so yeah, it's pretty good. I happened to be at the theater at opening time on Friday (I have a weird work schedule) and witnessed a midsized gaggle of Macross fans rushing in to buy the limited edition goods from the cinema shop. I'd say the franchise is in good shape.

I saw it on the 10th just because that was a day I was free. Good sized line to buy the merch and the theater had a good amount of people in it when I saw it.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:48 pm Reply with quote
J-theaters have such low bars Very Happy
#Neothegreenland

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:09 pm Reply with quote
scientology - the chinese version - future past days of endless universal laws - part 2 - the anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1