• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Requiem of the Rose King Manga Creator Comments on Anime Cuts

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zunderdog24

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 3:52 pm Reply with quote
It was obvious from the pacing of the first 3 episodes. 24 eps was a mistake.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 4:11 pm Reply with quote
zunderdog24 wrote:
It was obvious from the pacing of the first 3 episodes. 24 eps was a mistake.

I'm honestly surprised it even got 24, when it was announced to end after the anime was revealed I thought it would only be 12
zunderdog24

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 4:32 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
I'm honestly surprised it even got 24, when it was announced to end after the anime was revealed I thought it would only be 12

Even then, I would hope that the shorter length would ward off any temptation to adapt so much with little detail. Don't get me wrong, I like what they did with what they gave us, it's just that the plot feels like a rubber band under high tension. I wish it was more chuncky.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 5:17 pm Reply with quote
I guess that's one way to doubly advertise your manga!
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 8:39 am Reply with quote
Thanks to the decision to spend the entire first half of the show on the Henry VI portion of the manga (the first 7 volumes of 17), the second half has been even more rushed. The latest episode, for instance, covered the entirety of volume 11.

I really wish this series could have gotten a yearlong adaptation or at least 3 cours, but there's so much unpleasant material in this story (especially now with Richard's descent into darkness) that I guess I should be thankful that a production committee was willing to fund 24 episodes of this.
SHD

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
Thanks to the decision to spend the entire first half of the show on the Henry VI portion of the manga (the first 7 volumes of 17), the second half has been even more rushed.

Honestly, considering that this first arc is by far the best of the manga, I would've been fine spending ~13-15 episodes on that, and then wrapping it up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Wouldn't have helped the overall lack of general artistic vision and lack of the manga's good old-school shoujo style melodrama that brought the anime down for me, but at least they wouldn't have had to rush with the story.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1