• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Streams Gundam: The Witch From Mercury Anime's English Dub in India

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:49 am Reply with quote
Why do you specify streaming in India when presumably the English dub is streaming everywhere that the show is on Crunchyroll? This is the first that ANN has talked about the English dub, though I know it’s a confusing situation given the dub dropped unannounced on CR with no cast or crew info…
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:28 am Reply with quote
Is there any specific reason this was dropped silently? No announcements, no news, etc. Barring Netflix getting the rights and airing their own union dub, this is just strange, especially given that the show is quite popular.
RemGalleuSimp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:32 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Is there any specific reason this was dropped silently? No announcements, no news, etc.

Happens all the time with weekend CR dub releases. Happened just last week with By the grace of gods who aired its first episode without any article etc only to get an article on the Monday. It will likely get an article with the dub cast, crew and studio later today once CR is provided it by Sunrise, that or Sunrise will make the annocuement themselves which they have done in the past.

There isn't some conspiracy or weird licensing issues, just likely some miscommunication or info not being sent in time.

Beatdigga wrote:
Barring Netflix getting the rights and airing their own union dub, this is just strange, especially given that the show is quite popular.

What ? When has this ever happened. That CR makes a dub but doesn't say anything cause Netflix made a competing dub, that doesn't even make any sense. Makes even less sense when it comes to this show since Sunrise handle and commission dubs for Gundam...

Last edited by RemGalleuSimp on Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:00 am; edited 5 times in total
KaidoYuji8Shinji

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:48 am Reply with quote
I’m curious who is doing the dub. Listened last night. I THINK it sounds like a FUNi/CR dud, which would be surprising for Sunrise.
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Sweet. Now waiting for physical BD news. Hopefully it's later this year, at least for the 1st season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1