• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lacks_Sympathy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Name: Get to know me well enough and I’ll let you know.

Sex: Male

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: Indian

Religion: Christian

Favorite anime: Wolf’s Rain, Azumanga Daioh, Code Geass, Death Note, Trigun, Gundam Wing, DBZ (was my favorite show growing up).

Favorite Manga: Not a big manga person but Death Note is one of the few that I’ve read all the way through.

Favorite Drink: Root Beer

Favorite Sport (to watch): Football but I basically watch every sport but football is at the top of the list though.

Favorite Sport (to play): Basketball

Job: I work in Human Resources for a Social Work Agency.
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:48 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa presents: a very special 1113th post
Basically just a celebration of reaching my 1113th post, I'm reposting about myself (because some people have been kinda wrong about me I suppose and it's been almost a year and a half since I joined, I know I'm not the only one who did this, probably just the only one to do it on their 1113th post instead of something normal like 1000).

Name: I have several. CJ is one of them, oddly close to CZ if you initial my name on here Razz
Sex: Female (people have been calling me "he" for over 6 months now, but it seemed like a silly thing to correct on the internet, at least to me, so I never said anything)
Blood type: A- (far as I know)
Hair & eye Color: Orange hair, heterochromatic eyes (brown inside, green outside)
Marital Status: single
Ethnicity: white.
likes: smart people, juggling, gaming, anime, my cat, biology, spiders, pictures of people failing and photobombs
dislikes: the taste of red meat, people who hit on me, the sound of nail files
favorite anime: Princess Tutu, Gurren Lagann, Robotech, Metropolis, Fantastic Children, Cromartie High School
favorite manga: Maison Ikkoku, Banana Fish, Please Save My Earth, Parasyte, Cromartie High School
favorite non-anime shows and movies: Firefly, Super Size Me, Invader Zim, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Ice Road Truckers, Verminators, Reboot
favorite books: Animal Farm, Freakonomics, The Zombie Survival Guide, Parasite Rex (not big on reading books honestly)
favorite games: Klonoa, God of War series, Pokemon series, Tales of Legendia, Persona 3 FES, Monkey island series, Patapon, Phoenix Wright series, Bully, Crush, killer7, Zelda series (for the most part), Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 & 2 (not 3)
favorite spot (to play and watch): juggling
favorite food and drink: cherries, tomatoes, ice cold water, most fruit, tamago sushi
favorite music: classical music (a lot of it, but never Gershwin, never), techno, electronica, game and anime soundtracks
lucky number(s): 22, 113 (hence why this post as opposed to the last or the next one)
interesting info:
-can juggle 4 balls at a time (working my way up to 5, needless to say, I have superb hand eye coordination)
-can solve a Rubik's Cube in less than 1:30 (getting better at solving the 4x4x4 ones too)
-I can pass for a 15-16 year old if I want to and I do so whenever it is convenient for me (and am often mistaken as being 16)
-I've gotten a sunburn while wearing SPF 60, I am just that pale.
-I am highly allergic to mosquito bites, I've got scars from them all over my arms
-Is and forever will be on the side of the pirates in the great pirates vs ninjas debate
Hentai_JP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:33 am Reply with quote
Classica is a girl OMG!!! Really, couldn't tell. Should've given some hints or something(not that this fact changes much really).
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Lots of interesting information there, classicalzawa. I myself dislike tomatoes, cannot juggle, and have yet to wear anything above 30 SPF. Then again, I seldom need any of the stuff.
As for mosquitoes, they tend not to like me, but other insects do. (Particularly bees, who have a tendency to mistake my ears for nourishing blooms.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lelouch vi Britannia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Name: Won't say for now.

Hair C: Brown
Eye C: Blue
Dating Status: Single
Ethnicity: Caucasian

Dislikes: Annoying people.

Favorite Anime: Code Geass, Haruhi Suzumiya, Elfen Lied, Death Note, Ouran Highschool Host Club, etc.

Favorite Manga: Ranma 1/2, Death Note.

Favorite non Anime shows: Avatar.
Favorite Books: Don't have one.
Favorite Videogames: MarioKart.
Favorite Music: Pop Rock, R&B, Dance.
Favorite Foods: Spaghetti, Watermelon, Italian Ice.
Favorite Drinks: Sodas, smoothies, OJ.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Well...I think I'm back. At least for now.

I suppose reintroductions are at least in order. So...

Name: It's on the site. The clever will find it, the not-so-clever...won't.
Marital Status: Nonexistent.
Ethnicity: Suffice it to say, I can't jump.
Religious Affiliation: Loopy Pagan Tree Hugger.
Drinks / Smokes: Yes and yes, trying to quit on the latter.

The Favorites...

Animu: Haibane Renmei, Boogiepop Phantom, Gankutsuou, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Cromartie High, Twelve Kingdoms, Maria-sama ga Miteru, Kara no Kyoukai.
Mangoes: Monster, Cromartie High, Hellsing, Strawberry Panic, what woefully little I've read of xxxHolic.
Books, Comics, & Japanese Light Novels: Transmetropolitan, Twelve Kingdoms, Boogiepop, The Great Gatsby, Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, Watchmen, Jane Eyre, The Silmarillion, Evolution: What the Fossils Say and Why It Matters.
Films: Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, The Godfather Trilogy, Snatch, Lord of the Rings, Iron Man, Gojira, Silence of the Lambs, Clerks, generally anything with Akira Kurosawa and/or Toshiro Mifune attached to it.
Television: Futurama, Metalocalypse, Robot Chicken, Frisky Dingo, Scrubs, House, Stargate SG-1, Star Trek: TNG, Venture Brothers...I'd probably be into a lot of the big, popular serialized shows if I could keep up with them, but I tend to lack the talent for that.
Games: Metal Gear Solid, Shadow of the Colossus, Grand Theft Auto 4, Mass Effect, Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, Half-Life 2...used to be WoW, but I kicked that habit.
Music: Industrial, 80s goth & new wave, neo-folk, dark cabaret, an extremely narrow and peculiar range of metal that likely includes nothing anyone here would be familiar with.
Food & Drink: Irrelevant.

Fun Facts:
-All the stereotypes about trying to find a job with an art degree are true. Also, scratching around on the bottom rung of society sucks. So all you art majors out there? Flee! Flee, and run to the nearest real major as fast as you can!
-Yeah, I'm actually just now getting back into the whole anime funtimes thing, so coming back and seeing what's risen up to replace all the Haruhis and Eureka Sevens that were all the rage when I last paid attention is a bit...odd. How'd that whole "moe" thing turn out, anyhow?
-Those of you who remember me will probably remember that I was a crazy Gundam fan, right? Yeah, about that...kinda not so much these days. Oh, there were some good titles mixed around in there, but the franchise as a whole? Yeah, yikes, no (especially the Tomino parts...double yikes, double no).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:20 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:

Holy smokes! Welcome back from falling off the face of the Earth, Paul! Anime smile

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:23 am Reply with quote
Yes, welcome back, Nagisa!

I like the new avatar, btw!
Bitter Almonds

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:33 am Reply with quote
Name: Bitter Almonds Cool

Religion: Animist.

Drink/Smoke: Beer from the tap, the nectar of the Gods.

Favorite anime: Candy Candy, Himitsu No Ako-chan (the original series), Ribbon No Kishi, Space Pirate Captain Harlock, Ulysses 31, Cobra Space Adventure, Video Senshi Laserion, Akira, Kimagure Orange Road, GunBuster, Oneamisu No Tsubasa, Tenshi No Tamago, Maison Ikkoku, Urusei Yatsura, Lodoss Tosenki, and a Zillion others... that's why I started posting here to begin with!

Favorite Manga: Ranma 1/2, Maison Ikkoku, the Mermaid saga (pretty much all of Takahashi Rumiko's works), Yuuwaku Erotic Eccentric and Countdown123, The Five Star Stories, Plastic Little and Chirality, Kiseiju ("Parasyte"), Countach (a compilation of short stories by Okazaki Takeshi), Zetsu Ai -1989- and Bronze; a ton of others I've forgotten at the moment.

Favorite Books: It's mainly favourite authors - Mishima Yukio, the Marquis De Sade, Franz Kafka, Albert Camus, Sadegh Hedayat, Edgar Allan Poe, William Shakespeare, Philip Marlowe, Leo Tolstoi, Vladimir Nabokov, Antoine De Saint-Exupery, and many, many more. They all achieved, what I consider, artistic perfection in the sense that their work is perfect from first to last tome.

Favorite game: Galaga, Exerion, various pinball machines, pachinko, slots, Monopoly, chess, Chinese checkers.

Favorite TV shows: I, Claudius, I Love Lucy, The Twilight Zone, Telematch, Leave It To Beaver, Three's Company, Married With Children, Freaks And Geeks, MXC, Project Runway.

Movies: Les Quatre Cents Coups, The Loneliness Of The Long-Distance Runner, L'Eclisse, Solaris, Taxi Driver, Blue Velvet, Satantango, Der Siebente Kontinent, Hana To Arisu.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Coca Cola, Cheerwine, Jolt.

Favorite Music: New Wave and SynthPop, Goth, Industrial and Noise, Musique Concrete and Futurist, Lounge and Easy Listening, J-Pop, Korean Indie Pop and Electronic, Krautrock, BritPop. But, really, it's all about the 80s.

Hobbies: Movies, music, and books. I own about 800 dvds and 200 videocassettes, and watch about 150-200 movies per year. I have approximately 2000 music albums and compilations. Books? Not so many (maybe 300 or so). I also like to check out the local museums, attend gallery openings, go to a few concerts and plays a year. I also enjoy clothes and shoe shopping; it's not out of place for me to own 30 belts and 20 pairs of shoes.

Favorite Quotes: "Have a good time... all the time" - Spinal Tap
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:48 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:

HOLY WOW. I think the world just ended. But in a good way; welcome back, Nagisa! Don't think we haven't been missin' ya.

Quote:
All the stereotypes about trying to find a job with an art degree are true. Also, scratching around on the bottom rung of society sucks. So all you art majors out there? Flee! Flee, and run to the nearest real major as fast as you can!

No, no! You really can find jobs in the art field, you just have to be creative and nontraditional... Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Taco-chan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Name: I'm not too comfortable with giving my full name, but my first is Bekah. Just call me Taco though on here.

Sex: Female

Blood Type: Don't know...

Ethnicity:German, Italian, Cherokee Indian. Not sure about percentages.

Religion: Jehovah's Witness.

Pets: None. I wish I had a cat...

Drink/Smoke: Neither.

Likes: Drawing, violin, music, movies, photography, whiteboards, photoshop, making AMVs. Shoujo and moe. Lots of other things that I can't think of...

Dislikes: Disney Channel and everyone who is apart of it! Posers. Western movies. Ecchi, Hentai, etc...

Favorite anime: Kanon, Clannad, Air TV are my top 3 of all time. Others include Haruhi Suzumiya, Eureka Seven, Toradora!, Romeo x Juliet, Ouran High School.

Favorite Manga (Light novels): S.A Special A, Yotsuba&!, Q-ko-chan

Favorite Books:Pride and Prejudice. Anything Jane Austin... I need to read more.

Favorite game: DDR

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Pride and Prejudice BBC version, Dark Knight, Monk, The Office, Lost. There were more movies but I can't seem to think of more...

Favorite Drink: Can't drink.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Izze Clementine, Sprite, OJ, Ice tea, lemonade.

Favorite Foods: Depends on my mood...

Favorite Sites: ANN, Gaiaonline, and Youtube.

Favorite Sport (to watch):Football during the superbowl. That's it.

Favorite Sport (to play):Tennis.

Favorite Music: rock, alternative, jpop, jrock, electronica. Pretty much anything besides rap, country, and emo. Some hip hop is ok. I like classic 80s, 70s, and 60s too because they can be fun.

Job: unemployed! : D

Hobbies: This sort of goes along with likes... Violin, drawing, photography, making AMVs and videos, messing with photoshop.

Sorry this is so messed up sounding... I swear I'm more interesting than this!
xD
Nice to meet you all!
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Nagisa wrote:

Holy smokes! Welcome back from falling off the face of the Earth, Paul! Anime smile

Emerje

I concur. I wondered if maybe you were traveling the states via rail car like a drifter drawing art for those who pass by to make money. o_O Good to see you back though. As for how that whole "moe" thing turned out....yeaaaa....
Mistypearl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Taco-chan wrote:

Favorite Books:Pride and Prejudice. Anything Jane Austin... I need to read more.
lemonade.

Yay for more Pennslyvanians Very Happy If you are a fan of Jane Austen you should check out Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, I bought it but haven't read it yet but I've heard that's not half bad!
B-503_MIA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Name: Mike McDermott

Sex: Yes, more please!!! - sorry about that Embarassed... Male

Marital Status: Married to Jean, we have 2 children - Erin is 7 & Ian will be 2 in Sept.

Ethnicity:1/4 Irish, 1/4 Italian, 1/8 Swedish, 1/8 English(Cornish), 1/8 Norwegian & 1/8 Scottish

Religion: Catholic, confirmed but don't practice often

Pets: dog, rabbit & aquarium

Drink/Smoke: Drinks infrequently (maybe 2-8 drinks a month) - never smoked, never will...

Likes: Anime, family time, projectors & HDTV, Green Bay Packers, Arena Football, Canadian Football, NHL, Pro Wrestling (miss the old ECW), MMA, fishing, downhill skiing, travel.

Dislikes: Confined spaces with lots of smokers, most forms of hip hop, all forms of gansta rap & it's "culture".

Favorite anime: GitS in all it's forms, Yukikaze, Gasaraki, Gundam (mainly UC but like 00 too), ABe's stuff (Lain, Haibane Renmei, etc.), Macross/Southern Cross/Mospeada & Robotech, Vampire Princess Miyu, Sailor Moon, Flag, Cowboy Bebop, Gatchaman...

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Vampire Princess Miyu, GE999, Death Note, GitS

Favorite Books:Hunt for Red October, The Stand, Firefox & Firefox Down, Dennis Miller's "The Rants"

Favorite game: Halo series, Wii Sports, the Dune RTS games

Favorite TV shows/Movies: History Channel stuff, Red Eye, MXC/Ninja Warrior/Wipeout & other obstacle course shows, Original Star Wars trilogy, Big Trouble in Little China, martial arts movies, TNA/ECW/WWE/ROH

Favorite Drink: Mainly "malternatives" - Mike's Hard Pomegranate Lemonade, Woodchuck cider, German white wines

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Ginger Ale, colas, energy drinks, lemonade, iced tea

Favorite Foods: Pizza, pasta with red/meat sauces, grilled meats & corn, Chinese (especially Kung Pao chicken), walleye, perch, Mongolian buffets, Japanese Hibachi-style, Teriyaki chicken/steak/ salmon, string cheese & fresh cheese curds, beef jerky

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, Drudge, ebay, gerweck.net, AVS Forum, Gizmodo, Lifehacker, Hot Air, Right Stuf, ArenaFan, Audiogon/Videogon

Favorite Sport (to watch):NFL, Arena Football, NHL, CFL

Favorite Sport (to play):Football, skiing (Downhill & XC)

Favorite Music: 80's/90's alternative, goth, grunge, industrial - bands like: The Alarm, Big Country, All About Eve, The Cult, Cranes, Curve, The Fixx, Fields of the Nephilim, Sisters of Mercy, March Violets, U2, The Police, Lush, Nirvana, DEVO, The B-52s, Ministry, NIN, Machines of Loving Grace, Therapy?, Balaam & the Angel, The Silencers, Queens of the Stone Age.

Also like anime soundtracks - Yoko Kanno & Kenji Kawai mainly but: Macross Plus & Frontier, GitS, Vampire Princess Miyu, Yukikaze, Lain, Haibane Renmei

Job: Currently unemployed, worked for an airline for 10 years prior to that as a Customer Service Coordinator & Flight Following Auditor

Hobbies: see "likes" above...

Fun facts about me:
Was in the US Navy for 4 years as a Sonar Operator, the ship I was stationed on traveled to: Curacao, Bermuda, Puerto Rico, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Chile, Argentina (best steaks on the planet IMHO), Brazil, Venezuela, Trinidad & Tobago

Own a share of Green Bay Packers stock

Have been to an ArenaBowl & the Grey Cup, just need the Super Bowl...

Am a "Yooper" - a nickname given to those from Michigan's Upper Peninsula, born in Bessemer, MI

Last edited by B-503_MIA on Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Taco-chan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:35 am Reply with quote
Mistypearl wrote:
Yay for more Pennslyvanians Very Happy If you are a fan of Jane Austen you should check out Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, I bought it but haven't read it yet but I've heard that's not half bad!

Zombies? That sounds messed up.
o.o
may look into it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 77 of 233