• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Magical DoReMi to Re-Air on The CW4Kids on Saturdays

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:48 am Reply with quote
...I thought they gave this the axe or something cause it wasn't doing well...

Whatever, still not gonna save 4kids.
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:19 am Reply with quote
They are getting pretty desperate aren't they Confused . I wonder why they decided to bring back this of all things..... Or why they keep bringing back stuff and not trying to get a hold of anything new (that is actually worth watching and would actually get them ratings) but I dunno.....

I agree though this isn't gonna save them..... (no more than all the other things they brought back. Wasn't YGO one of them? That had high ratings back in the day and I still don't think that'll even save em'. I wonder what the ratings for that are now?...) I honestly doubt anything can really save them at this point.
willyfoureyes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:46 am Reply with quote
Confused I don't get it, either. Wouldn't it have made more sense to bring back something like Winx Club (not an anime series, I know, but bear with me here)...something that managed to complete its run. Doremi didn't.
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:17 am Reply with quote
Hopefully they'll make it the whole way through this time :< I love Ojamajo Doremi, you guys make it sound like its a terrible show Anime hyper

It probably wont save them. but if they make it to the ones I missed, I'm totally recording them all anyway.

Part of the problem I think probably was that originally it ran super early in the morning, like it was 1st in the lineup (which is like 7AM where I live) so hopefully this time it'll run at a time when kids are actually awake

EDIT-never mind. re-read the article. it's re-airing at 7 in morning :/ yeah. it's probably not gonna make it. Poor Doremi. "Unluckiest Bishoujo in the World" indeed.
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:39 am Reply with quote
Time to call Mom and have her set up the tape for weekly airings (I don't have TV.) I never got to see most of the dub the first time it aired. My main exposure to Doremi has been the original version. I've been a fan since Dokka~n! was on the air in Japan.

Kind of sad to know that 4Kids still has the license, though. I'd hoped it had reverted to Toei by now so there was a chance of seeing Funimation pull a One Piece-style licence rescue. I've got R2's of most of the series, but Doremi really deserves a proper release (and I need to fill in the gaps in my collection. Wink )
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:35 am Reply with quote
Nope, DoRemI is an adorable show. 4kids version is SHIT though. God, how much longer until 4Kids is put out of OUR misery? Then maybe someone else can do justice to the shows they butchered.
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:02 am Reply with quote
7am isn't that early. I can recall waking up at 6am on Saturdays to catch cartoons. Usually they were just syndicated repeats through, the network cartoons didn't start until 8am.

I suspect the reason for bringing this back is simply because it's designed to appeal to young girls. But is this some of the "new" anime CW was suppose to be airing in the fall: repeats of FOX shows they never got around to repeating on CW? At least they might run the second half of the season they never aired on TV the first time around, but that's not really new anime.
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:05 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Nope, DoRemI is an adorable show. 4kids version is SHIT though. God, how much longer until 4Kids is put out of OUR misery? Then maybe someone else can do justice to the shows they butchered.

Good to see you're rooting for dozens of people to be put out of jobs just because they edited some kid cartoons.
As much as we disagree with 4kids' methods, I think we forget that 98% of the people that work there are really people like us doing their jobs and what they're told to do.
So for their sakes, I hope this works out for them. (Plus, any anime on TV would be a good thing at this point I think)

maybe ratings and profits are up for girl shows and this was the only thing they had easy access too, you just never know.
so there must be a reason why they're trying to sell it again

And actually, aside from the usual name and music changes, they kept alot inline with the original show.
The only episode I can think of where they completely changed the concept was when Hazuki was kidnapped for ransom, and she befriends them used her wits to get out of it.
While Reanne was kidnapped by her uncle(?) so she knew he wouldn't really hurt her and used her wits to escape. Probably changed because they didn't want kids IRL trying to make friends with their kidnappers Anime hyper
And you gotta give some props to the writers for coming up with a different accurate-to-situation rhyming spell chant EVERY time they use magic, as oppose to in Japan where they just say one nonsensical phrase every time.

(Just trying to point out the positive outlook on things here)
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:22 am Reply with quote
I actually never watched this when it came out. However, if it's a magical girl show and the girls are oh-so-adorable, I'm pretty sure I'm going to watch it. Anime hyper -sets up the DVR-
Paploo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:24 am Reply with quote
Nice to hear, hope it gives it another chance at home video, or at having another season dubbed, it was a fairly cute show
Gasero

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:46 am Reply with quote
So 4Kids will continue to be ALL reruns while they slowly sit around and wait to become irrelevant. I admittedly watch 4kids every Saturday, but only because nothing else on on TV at the time.

I saw Yugioh, Sonic X, Ninja Turtles, and enough Winx already. They already passed Yugioh 5Ds to Cartoon Network and it looks like Chaotic is doing the same.

At this rate I don't think 4kidsTV will make a return next fall, and that's if it makes it through this fall season.
EricDent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:48 am Reply with quote
Yay! They are bringing back this cute show, but it still is at a really early time. Back when I lived with my parents, they actually had 2 CW channels, and if I really wanted I could watch this show at about 3 AM.

I hope that somehow it can get a decent DVD release in the future.
m3g4t0ky0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:00 am Reply with quote
This came out nowhere! Too bad I'm gonna have to wake up at 5am to watch it because my local CW affiliate fails and shows the CW4Kids block from 5a-10a so they have more infomercial and crappy movie time. Sad

Now if only they'd re-run Tokyo Mew Mew. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Primus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:33 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Wasn't YGO one of them? That had high ratings back in the day and I still don't think that'll even save em'. I wonder what the ratings for that are now?...

Yu-Gi-Oh! is usually the block's highest rated show along with repeats of Sonic X. Those two usuaully out rate all the premieres the block used to have. So it's not a surprise they're keeping repeats of two of their most successful series going.

willyfoureyes wrote:
Confused I don't get it, either. Wouldn't it have made more sense to bring back something like Winx Club (not an anime series, I know, but bear with me here)...something that managed to complete its run. Doremi didn't.

They are airing Winx Club at like 7:30AM. They probably won't dub the new season that Italy got, or the two movies, but hey, cheap programming filler.

m3g4t0ky0 wrote:
Now if only they'd re-run Tokyo Mew Mew. Razz

Pretty sure they lost the license to that.

Ojamajo LimePie wrote:
I'd hoped it had reverted to Toei by now so there was a chance of seeing Funimation pull a One Piece-style licence rescue.

Name one magical girl anime that isn't Sailor Moon that was successful in North America. Yeah I can't name one either. FUNimation wouldn't pick up a failed show in a part of the market that never was really succcesful.
LunarianWarrior

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:36 am Reply with quote
7am?! Early but I'll still watch it. Hopefully it does get to the end of season 1 this time but wow...so unexpected. And for it to be 5 years since it's was in english...I feel so old now lol.

It's a weak move for them to do but I'm kind of glad it's coming back for a while. And yea at the above post, Tokyo Mew Mew should at least be finished as well =/ Or at least on DVD, I rather have that.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4