• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[done]Split/renaming required for Megumi Sato & Megumi S

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:05 am Reply with quote
ANN has the two persons

Megumi SATOU (佐藤 恵, 3 staff as production runner & animation)
    and
    Megumi SATO (佐藤 めぐみ, 3 cast in Live-Action movies, 9 staff for various animation tasks 2004-2009, 1 staff for Paint in 1995 for Magical Girl Pretty Sammy OVA where I can't find any good source due to the underspecified anime name)

Shiroi Hane reported this as duplicate person already - the animator credits should all go to 佐藤 恵.

But as the names are now, the seiyuu gets all the animation credits because the English sources will usually romanize her name as "Sato" and the contributors won't bother checking whether "Satou" would actually be the better choice.

So besides moving all staff credits to Megumi SATOU I would suggest to rename both persons to "Megumi SATOU (artist)" and "Megumi SATOU (seiyuu)" as the surname for both is 佐藤 = Satou and "Sato" would require different kanji.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:55 am Reply with quote
makes sense, done
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1