• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ai no Kotodama BL Manga Gets 2nd Live-Action Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keikanna44

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Great news indeed! Can't go wrong with Boys Love films!!! Very Happy
poonk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:04 pm Reply with quote
keikanna44 wrote:
Great news indeed! Can't go wrong with Boys Love films!!! Very Happy
Well, I'm not sure I'd go this far but I thought the first Ai no Kotodama film was cute enough. Sometimes though I think they should just stick to animated TV series or OVAs for these BL adaptations because you've got to admit, occasionally the kissing scenes end up looking pretty awkward (either because the actors are nervous or the camera angle is such that it's obvious they're not really kissing-- focusing on the back of somebody's head, for example). Failing that, I wish they'd find actors who are less hesitant/more convincing about kissing each other when that romance is the point of the film (c'mon, there's a reason why it's called acting). Not to mention, any BL-themed movie would automatically be made better with the inclusion of Takumi Saitoh. Laughing

So, having not read the manga yet (someday...), is this mainly about a secondary couple then?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
yblees

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:03 pm Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
So, having not read the manga yet (someday...), is this mainly about a secondary couple then?

A secondary couple fer sure - just not from the Ai no Kotodama manga!
Haven't the faintest who Hirofumi & Shinji are. As far as I can tell, they're not from any of the mangaka's other works either.

The original BL movie was based on the vol.1 of the manga.
Vol.2 focuses on Tachibana & Shinya's high school relationship - so probably impossible to movie-tise since all the characters would be under 18.
Hmm, it's shounen-ai though, so maybe......
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1