• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: So-Ra-No-Wo-To's Unaired Episode 7.5's A Part Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:34 am Reply with quote
I should have the BD in my hands in about 24 hours. Very Happy

But I believe Crunchyroll also has plans to stream it (the full episode) as well, though I can't seem to find anything other than a single twitter quote.
agila61

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:01 am Reply with quote
Annf wrote:
I should have the BD in my hands in about 24 hours. Very Happy

But I believe Crunchyroll also has plans to stream it (the full episode) as well, though I can't seem to find anything other than a single twitter quote.

They may well be waiting for it to be subtitled ... that is the kind of announcement they normally make onsite as "so and so is now available to premium members".
einhorn303

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:05 am Reply with quote
But the VP of licensing for CrunchyRoll explicitly said that the episodes would be available "the same day as Japanese home video" (http://twitter.com/rpereyda/status/10665103539). It was released yesterday, but there's still not even an announcement. I renewed my premium membership specifically to watch this DVD episode of Soranowoto, so I'm rather distressed that CR hasn't followed through on it's word or said anything yet.
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:08 am Reply with quote
It's a pretty amusing episode, not much substance, but rather funny. Got my BD and posted highlights on AOD yesterday.

einhorn303 wrote:
But the VP of licensing for CrunchyRoll explicitly said that the episodes would be available "the same day as Japanese home video" (http://twitter.com/rpereyda/status/10665103539).

Maybe that was a "forward looking statement." It's going to be hard to fit disclaimers in twitter.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:01 am Reply with quote
What is that the group is holding in their hands? Some sort of primitive bamboo super-soaker?
agila61

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:06 am Reply with quote
einhorn303 wrote:
... but there's still not even an announcement. ...

That's what I was saying. On their past form, they'll not announce it until its streaming, even if its a situation where people would want a progress report.
Rime of the Ancient Otaku

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
What is that the group is holding in their hands? Some sort of primitive bamboo super-soaker?

Essentially. Based on the earlier trailer footage they're filled with Festival Dye, so the platoon members can be marked in red where they get "hit" and it doesn't stain permanently.

...And yes, that upper chamber doesn't look like it could hold nearly enough dye for a "proper" engagement...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1