• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nabari no Ou Manga to End in 14th Volume in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:44 am Reply with quote
Are you serious!? Nabari no Ou's one of my favorite manga/anime! I'm gonna try and get all the manga volumes once they come out in the US! I have the first three already.
kippy666

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:01 pm Reply with quote
OMG!!! WHAT REALLY? I'm so excited yet I feel kinda sad! I love this manga!

Looks like I only have 11 more volumes to buy Q.Q
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:20 pm Reply with quote
It's been a while since I was able to find scanlations but last I saw it did look like more and more of the mysteries were getting solved so this shouldn't be too unexpected. Ah well, guess I'll be waiting until November 2013 or so to see what happens.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Sweet, I was definitely getting the anime eventually but on the fence regarding the manga, but if it's that short I'll definitely pick it up. Yeah, it would be nice if Yen Press would speed up a few series. Some are understandable if they're low-sellers, but Soul Eater is one of their best-sellers and it's still got a slow release schedule! At least Higurashi/When They Cry is coming out every 2 to 3 months, considering how long that one will be it'd be ridiculous to have a slow schedule for that one.
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:12 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
Sweet, I was definitely getting the anime eventually but on the fence regarding the manga, but if it's that short I'll definitely pick it up. Yeah, it would be nice if Yen Press would speed up a few series. Some are understandable if they're low-sellers, but Soul Eater is one of their best-sellers and it's still got a slow release schedule! At least Higurashi/When They Cry is coming out every 2 to 3 months, considering how long that one will be it'd be ridiculous to have a slow schedule for that one.

I think Yen Press has a slow release schedule for unpopular titles and titles that they are serializing in their Yen Plus magazine. It would be hard for them to publish the next volume when their serialization wasn't further along/at the same spot. No one would buy the magazine.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:26 pm Reply with quote
LeanGreen wrote:
doctordoom85 wrote:

I think Yen Press has a slow release schedule for unpopular titles and titles that they are serializing in their Yen Plus magazine. It would be hard for them to publish the next volume when their serialization wasn't further along/at the same spot. No one would buy the magazine.

Ah, that makes sense, thanks for the clarification. Smile
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:04 am Reply with quote
How anime's end is close to manga's?

I mean the animé was done two years ago and the manga ends just now.
gorbal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:08 am Reply with quote
Are you sure that is what she is saying?
I wish more people had read this series; it is perhaps my favorite of all time. Kamantani's art is unlike any other mangaka I have seen.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:29 pm Reply with quote
So, no one knows?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1