• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[done] Split: Tomomi KATO (#35737)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Tomomi KATO (加藤 友美) appears to be 3 persons (all with surname "Katou" or "Katoo" but not "Kato" for 加藤):

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
加藤 知美 = KATOU Tomomi (sound producer)
(7 ENAMDICT readings for 知美 including Tomomi, ANN has 4 知美, all are "Tomomi")
加藤 知美 (2000) Doraemon: Nobita and the Legend of the Sun King (movie) : Sound Production Desk (livedoor wiki)
加藤 知美 (2000) Case Closed: Captured in Her Eyes (movie) : Sound Production Desk (http://www.geocities.jp/dcaptx/staffmovieno1.html)
加藤 知美 (2001) Case Closed: Countdown to Heaven (movie) : Sound Production Desk (SF Movie DataBank)
_________ (2002) Case Closed: The Phantom of Baker Street (movie) : Sound Production Desk (JMDB doesn't back up the credit; no source found)
加藤 知美 (2003) Doraemon: Nobita and the Strange Wind Rider (movie) : Sound Production Desk (livedoor wiki)
加藤 知美 (2003) Crayon Shin-chan: Arashi wo Yobu Eikou no Yakiniku Road (movie) : Sound Production Desk (livedoor wiki)
加藤 知美 (2003) Detective Conan: Crossroad in the Ancient Capital (movie) : Sound Production Desk (JMDB doesn't back up the credit; better: Wikipedia)
加藤 知美 (2003) ATASHIn'CHI (movie) : Sound Production Desk (livedoor wiki)
加藤 知美 (2004) Doraemon: Nobita's Wannyan Space-Time Legend (movie) : Sound Production Desk (livedoor wiki)
加藤 知美 (2004) Detective Conan: Magician of the Silver Sky (movie) : Sound Production Desk (JMDB doesn't back up the credit; better: Wikipedia)
加藤 知美 (2005) Detective Conan: Strategy Above the Depths (movie) : Sound Production Desk (http://www.geocities.jp/dcaptx/staffmovieno2.html)
(split) A person using her ears while the two others rely more on their eyes. 7 credits in livedoor wiki, 15 credits in JMDB. Strangely enough, all three failing sources are JMDB entries.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
加藤 友美 = KATOU Tomomi (colorist)
(4 ENAMDICT readings for 友美 including Tomomi, ANN has 6 友美 of which 5 are "Tomomi" and one is "Yumi", a low-level staff with no source for the kanji)
加藤 友美 (2002) Haibane Renmei (TV) : Paint (D2_STATION)
加藤 美 (2004) Girls Bravo (TV) : Color Key (D2_STATION) (see comment below)
_________ (2005) Paradise Kiss (TV) : Color setting ("Episode 5 tv ending credits"; no source found)
加藤 友美 (2006) (The) Familiar of Zero (TV) : 色指定 (shirayuki)
加藤 友美 (2007) Zero no Tsukaima: Futatsuki no Kishi (TV 2) : 色指定 (D2_STATION)
加藤 友美 (2009) White Album (TV) : Color Key (DEFA) (livedoor wiki)
加藤 友美 (2009) Hayate the Combat Butler!! (TV) : Clean-Up Animation, Color Key (livedoor wiki)
_________ (2010) Kaichō wa Maid-sama! (TV) : Clean-Up Animation, Color Design ("Watching the anime"; livedoor wiki has information only for few episodes)
(keep) Certainly not the same person as the sound producer. Despite its kanji, the Girls Bravo credit would fit better here than to the next person (perhaps the video makers mixed up these two persons the same way as the ANN contributors? Google for "加藤友美" and ""GIRLSブラボー" gives 0 results; D2_STATION has "色指定/検査:加藤智美" for episodes 3 and 10 of Girls Bravo Second Season). 12 credits in livedoor wiki.
加藤 智美 = KATOU Tomomi (background artist)
(10 ENAMDICT readings for 智美 including Tomomi, ANN has 17 智美 of which 16 are "Tomomi" and one is "Satomi", a low-level staff with no source for the kanji)
加藤 智美 (2002) .Hack//Liminality (OAV) : Background Art (Production Eye) ("DVD credits"; no source found but D2_STATION has one for .hack//roots; EDIT: see posting below)
加藤 智美 (2005) Shuffle! (TV) : 美術担当 = "Art in-charge" (D2_STATION)
加藤 智美 (2005) Rockman.EXE: Hikari to Yami no Program (movie) : Background Art (JMDB)
_________ (2007) El Cazador de la Bruja (TV) : Art Director (ep. 1-2) ("El Cazador credits"; livedoor wiki has no usable information)
加藤 智美 (2008) Blade of the Immortal (TV) : Art Work Manager ("Ending credits"; better: livedoor wiki)
5 credits in livedoor wiki.
(split) Similar field of activity as the colorist but doing higher-ranked tasks since 2005 whereas the colorist is low-level personnel until today.
Feel free to post kanji sources for credits with "_______" into this thread.

Last edited by Devil Doll on Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
386sky

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:33 am Reply with quote
"Google Translate" translates 色指定/検査:加藤智美 this to:
Colorization/Inspection: Katou Tomomi?

Please make the 背景 task to display as Background Art.
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:04 am Reply with quote
I'll check my .hack//LIMINALITY DVDs today, but I doubt they have the kanji credits on them.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:07 pm Reply with quote
If not, I have the Japanese edition of the 4th Liminality DVD somewhere (I found a second hand import copy of the fourth .hack// game years ago, and before it was released in English or in the UK at any rate, going insanely cheap back when CEX still had a shelf for import games).

OK, English credits as "Tomomi Kato"

Quality on the text is absolutely dreadful, but it is 加藤 智美

Also, "Production Eye" is actually Production AI (プロダクションアイ). I suspect "Murk Animation" is likewise Mook Animation, but they aren't on this disc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
386sky

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Devil Doll wrote:

No hits in JMDB since the credits have no pages.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:53 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1