• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Title above/below the avatar

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:18 am Reply with quote
I've noticed that most Mods and Staffs have an additional title located above (forum) or below (profile) their avatar, like Cookie is "ANN Adviser / Lead Moderator" and tempest is "ANN Editor in Chief," etc. GATSU's "Old Regular" might be an honorary title, I presume.

However, I've also noticed a newcomer who has been branded with a title no one would be proud of. Is it because s/he did something really bad? Confused

EDIT: Just checked his/her record. S/he likes to revive really old threads.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:30 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
EDIT: Just checked his/her record. S/he likes to revive really old threads.

You're probably referring to the "SPAMMER" tag. Those people put data in the encyclopedia, stolen from other sources or blatently false (obscene pictures, derogatory comments, etc), and were caught.

Those people are labeled with the "SPAMMER" tag and are unable to add any further information to the encyclopedia.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Osaka

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:46 am Reply with quote
dormcat I was wondering what the title of senior encyclopedist above your avatar meant because I've seen some of the other users with it too and I think I even saw one user that had junior encyclopedist.
Sarki-Kun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:36 am Reply with quote
Osaka wrote:
dormcat I was wondering what the title of senior encyclopedist above your avatar meant because I've seen some of the other users with it too and I think I even saw one user that had junior encyclopedist.

Actually, Abunai also got the title of Senior Encyclopedist, and a number of other users (I believe younger than them) got the title of Junior Encyclopedist...And there're more than one. I've seen three different...Looks like ANN has recruited more people for the encyclopedia.

And I do believe that now, they have some rights of administrating the encyclopedia or whatever, with, in my opinion, it's by their great job Anime smile
Shinotaku14
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:59 pm Reply with quote
How does one go about earning these tags? I've contributed alot of the pictures for the Magazine sections a few manga and some anime. Does that qualify?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:07 pm Reply with quote
No, these people got the tags becasue they're working for ANN directly now. Unlike the normal members, they have privileges such as the ability to add titles and correct errors. I doubt age has anything to with it, more likely it indicates the level of their capablilities, a senior would be able to do things that a junior can't. Remember that ANN is very much an online magazine and thus treats it's staff in that same respect.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Ah, finally someone has found it. Wink I was quite confused in the beginning as well, and some new Encyclopedists PMed me asking what was going on because they had no knowledge of being drafted.

Check the Contributor page. With the exception of aforementioned senior staffs who have specialized titles, whoever has submitted over 1000 entries gets "Junior Encyclopedist" and those with over 5000 entries are "Senior Encyclopedists." It might be a new policy to encourage ANN users to submit more information in order to strengthen our database.

So to answer Shinotaku14's question: as of today you have 47 entries...em...Anime catgrin + sweatdrop...all I can say is keep up good work! Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Show me the money. Twisted Evil

- abunai
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:20 pm Reply with quote
That's why I called it drafted, not recruited. Twisted Evil

OT: I don't know the military system in Denmark, but when I was drafted and served as a Coast Guard private in Taiwan four years ago, my paycheck was NT$5950 (US$175) per month. Yeah, living in barracks you don't pay basic living expenses, but US$0.24 per hour....
jfrog

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Just out of curiosity, how many do I have?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:44 pm Reply with quote
jfrog wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how many do I have?

See for yourself.

- abunai
Shinotaku14
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:07 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:

So to answer Shinotaku14's question: as of today you have 47 entries...em...Anime catgrin + sweatdrop...all I can say is keep up good work! Mr. Green

Thank you very much and yes I will. Very Happy
That puts me about halfway up the list.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
jfrog

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:52 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Check the Contributor page.

abunai wrote:

*feels like an idiot*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:55 am Reply with quote
jfrog wrote:
dormcat wrote:
Check the Contributor page.

abunai wrote:

*feels like an idiot*

There, there. *pats jfrog on the back*
We've all been there and done that.

- abunai
Sarki-Kun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:15 am Reply with quote
That ranking looks really cool...Just one doubt, "entries" refers as adding information or as adding a new title, group, person, company, etc?

P.S: Abunai, leave something for the others Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2