• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Full Moon Wo Sagashite fans...it's been 10 years!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:15 am Reply with quote
I know you are here. Anime hyper Let's talk about the series again! It's ten years old now. Shocked

...what!?

Yes....indeed. Ten years old and for the tenth anniversary, Arina Tanemura re-released the manga in four volumes with brand new covers:

Beautiful, aren't they? (except for the Eichi one Anime hyper *shot* sorry, I don't like him!)

So care to discuss? Are you still loving this manga even after all this time? How about the characters? Or the pairings?

As for me, Takuto's still my number one manga/anime character and I am still hardcore TakutoxMitsuki. I don't see my passion for Full Moon dying anytime soon...on the contrary, it's stronger than ever. Anime hyper
ryomafuji

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
I know you are here. Anime hyper Let's talk about the series again! It's ten years old now. Shocked

...what!?

Yes....indeed. Ten years old and for the tenth anniversary, Arina Tanemura re-released the manga in four volumes with brand new covers:

Beautiful, aren't they? (except for the Eichi one Anime hyper *shot* sorry, I don't like him!)

So care to discuss? Are you still loving this manga even after all this time? How about the characters? Or the pairings?

As for me, Takuto's still my number one manga/anime character and I am still hardcore TakutoxMitsuki. I don't see my passion for Full Moon dying anytime soon...on the contrary, it's stronger than ever. Anime hyper

I like the takutoxmitsuki couple to but i wish spoiler[eiichi didn't die or at least met her before he died its so sad ]Crying or Very sad
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap, someone FINALLY replied. Anime hyper

Thanks for your reply.

I hated Eichi. I really did. To me, he was only a catalyst through which the story was told. Devoid of personality. He was also author's pet. This is Mary-Sue material right here. Add onto how he manipulated an innocent ten-year-old and forced his feelings on her, quite selfishly.

So spoiler[I'm thrilled he died.]

Sorry if that seems heartless but Arina said so herself: spoiler["If Eichi-kun hadn't died, the story could not begin".]
ryomafuji

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Laughing I guess your right but she could have at least told spoiler[Eiichi her feelings before he died. I fell sorry for her. Sad]
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:29 pm Reply with quote
I felt sorry for her too but in the manga:

spoiler[His soul was right next to her so he knew how she felt.]
ryomafuji

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:18 pm Reply with quote
But spoiler[Eichi and mitsuki weren't able to talk to each other], even if it's just a little while maybe in her dream or something. Sad well at least spoiler[she ends up with takuto] because i did want them to end up together I just wanted her to, at the very least, have a proper closure.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:15 pm Reply with quote
It's funny you mention that because I have a doujinshi in which exactly that happens in one of Mitsuki's dreams. Anime hyper

TakutoxMitsuki make me squeal with joy. I love them together so so much. I haven't found a couple I like more! :]
naninanino

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:30 am Reply with quote
Hmm... I just read this manga this year. It was nice with the anime ost handy, but sometimes I found the pages kind of hard to follow for some reason and basically just skimmed through. I'm technically not a huge shoujo anime/manga fan, since they tend to be almost exclusively high school romance oriented and that is totally not my thing. On the other hand I do like the art and fluffiness and this one was spiced up with a music theme so it was much more accessible. I think it would reach my top 10 manga and also maybe top 20 anime.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:49 pm Reply with quote
naninanino wrote:
I'm technically not a huge shoujo anime/manga fan, since they tend to be almost exclusively high school romance oriented and that is totally not my thing.

Actually that's a misconception. Shoujo has about as many sub genres as shounen. There are some that have little to no romance at all, some are very very dark, and some are action-oriented and some are about familial bonding, etc.
Haiyami

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:55 am Reply with quote
I also want to mention something sad. Yasuo Saitou was killed in a traffic accident on September 5th 2013. Yasuo Saito played the role of Takuto Kira in Full Moon wo Sagashite. We will miss him well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1