• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Spice and Wolf II's Act 0 to Ship on DVD in April

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jarmel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:40 am Reply with quote
Arrgh. I want the second season now! Please someone license this show(they probably won't). Need more Horo.
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:53 am Reply with quote
Please give it a good dub while you're at it! u.u
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Draneor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:55 am Reply with quote
"Visual novel"? Was "light novel" meant? As far as I know, the Dengeki Bunko imprint publishes light novels--not visual novels. Although maybe there is a Spice and Wolf game coming out?

Last edited by Draneor on Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big Hed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Awesome -- I'll take extra Spice and Wolf episodes, filler or not.
4nBlue

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Sure hope that Yen Press speeds up their releases, because the current speed is ridiculously slow. The US releases will be released in a slower pace than new ones are written.
4nBlue

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Draneor wrote:
"Visual novel"? Was "light novel" meant? As far as I know, the Dengeki Bunko imprint publishes light novels--not visual novels. Although maybe there is a Spice and Wolf game coming out?

There is a kind of visual novel for DS, Ōkami to Kōshinryō Boku to Horo no Ichinen. Since I have not heard of a new game or that Dengeki Bunko is publishing visual novels, we can be pretty sure this a mistake.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Jarmel wrote:
Arrgh. I want the second season now! Please someone license this show(they probably won't). Need more Horo.

IIRC, Funimation ordered a C & D on Spice and Wolf fansubbing. While that's not confirmation that it will be licensed, it's certainly a strong suggestion it might be possible.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Draneor wrote:

The Dengeki Bunko imprint uses the term "visual novel" differently from other publishers. It uses "visual novels" for regular text novels and not computer or game software. For example, Dengeki Bunko published a Ballad of a Shinigami visual novel book with a CD and a Kino's Journey visual novel book with a DVD.

Last edited by Egan Loo on Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:59 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
Jarmel wrote:

IIRC, Funimation ordered a C & D on Spice and Wolf fansubbing. While that's not confirmation that it will be licensed, it's certainly a strong suggestion it might be possible.

That means nothing. Funi ordered C&D for Seto No Hanayome a long time ago. And nothing. Bring on the fansubs.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:31 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
Jarmel wrote:

They did it at the request of Kadokawa, I believe. If FUNi wants to license it and make money, sitting on it isn't the way to go, especially now that BD releases are coming out.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Draneor wrote:
Already came out :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spice_and_wolf#Visual_novel

anywho, i just hope the music is just as good, I hope there's more Rocky Chack
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Draneor wrote:
Already came out :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spice_and_wolf#Visual_novel

anywho, i just hope the music is just as good, I hope there's more Rocky Chack

That Ōkami to Kōshinryō Boku to Horo no Ichinen release is a romance and economics simulation game for the DS, but it's not called a visual novel in Japanese like the upcoming novel is.
Jarmel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know the release for the US version of Spice and Wolf for the light novel(I think that's what Yen Press is publishing) or for that matter Haruhi? There isn't a good website that lists release dates for this type of stuff(or atleast what I'm aware of).
4nBlue

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Jarmel wrote:
Does anyone know the release for the US version of Spice and Wolf for the light novel(I think that's what Yen Press is publishing) or for that matter Haruhi? There isn't a good website that lists release dates for this type of stuff(or atleast what I'm aware of).

Spice and Wolf release dates:
Volume 1 | Coming December 2009
Volume 2 | Coming June 2010
Volume 3 | Coming December 2010
Volume 4 | Coming June 2011
Volume 5 | Coming December 2011
Volume 6 | Coming June 2012

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya will be released in april 2009 don't know about the others.
Jarmel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Thanks a ton, it's just for Haruhi I haven't seen anything so I was wondering if it got delayed and for Spice I had no clue.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1