• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex USA to Release Hatsune Miku's Mikunopolis Concert

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Blue Exorcist is getting a damn English Dub!ha ha yes!I already bought the first box set but hell I'll gladly buy the first set again just for the English dub!Its odd tho that Johnny Yong Bosch isn't playing Rin wouldn't it make more sense for Johnny to play Rin then his brother perhaps they are trying to go against the typical casting types for this English dub also I'm very curious to know who will be playing Satan I hope its Michael McConnohie I can't see anyone else in that role he is perfect for that character!
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Do you know what im toally going to get this. I'm not even a fan of the vocaloid stuff but this might be a fun watch. The music sounded catchy. But tbh i would have preferred a Japanese performance release because the whole thing would seem more geniune to what this stuff is all about.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Aniplex USA....I am disappointed. Was hoping for more then this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:

I agree but hey we still getting GoS at a reasonable price along with Bakemonogatari. So im still happy.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm less interested in the cast and more interested in whether or not the dub is going to get a physical release.

Although I do have to agree with the above poster: Shouldn't those two actors be swapped? It seems like it would be a better casting choice that way, at least in my opinion.
superdry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Very nice license. The article didn't mention what format. I hope it's on blu-ray - at least I'll save money buying the R1 release instead of importing it.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:

You don't want Mikunopolis on Blu ray for 70 dollars?
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:24 pm Reply with quote
BRYCE PAPENBROOK!!! Seriously, he's SUCH an awesome voice actor despite his rather bland pedigree in past years (meaning before Durarara). His voice as Kida would be perfect for Rin! Very Happy
Rukiia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
Rukiia wrote:

No dammit. I can spend my $70 on stuff I like instead. Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:28 pm Reply with quote
The panel was pretty underwhelming as far as licenses went, since they really didn't have anything new. Hopefully NISA and Funimation make up for it tomorrow with some good stuff
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
The panel was pretty underwhelming as far as licenses went, since they really didn't have anything new. Hopefully NISA and Funimation make up for it tomorrow with some good stuff

Well we know NISA have two new things. Im hoping for Trapeze or Tatami Galaxy or Denno Coil. Basically the shows that Siren Visual have that are still not out in America.
superdry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:

Looking at what Aniplex JP has helped produce in the last two seasons...nothing stands out in terms of what they could bring over (Bake was pretty big news already. I can't see either Idolmaster or NatuKise being licensed any time soon). The only two things I can think of is the possibility of bring Kannagi and DRRR on blu-ray to R1.

AUSA might have something to announce at Otakon (that's where they announced OreImo last year).

Rukiia wrote:
Charred Knight wrote:
Rukiia wrote:

No dammit. I can spend my $70 on stuff I like instead. Anime hyper

Who's to say that it'll cost $70 since the article neither mentioned license or direct import.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:39 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
Who's to say that it'll cost $70 since the article neither mentioned license or direct import.

I think you completely missed the joke. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:34 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
Sailor S wrote:

Looking at what Aniplex JP has helped produce in the last two seasons...nothing stands out in terms of what they could bring over (Bake was pretty big news already. I can't see either Idolmaster or NatuKise being licensed any time soon). The only two things I can think of is the possibility of bring Kannagi and DRRR on blu-ray to R1.

AUSA might have something to announce at Otakon (that's where they announced OreImo last year).

That's basically it, Aniplex is nowhere as stupid as Bandai Visual was when it just brought over a bunch of stuff no one wanted and charged 50 bucks for 3 episodes (Though I was a huge fan of SRW: OG: DW).
superdry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:

That's basically it, Aniplex is nowhere as stupid as Bandai Visual was when it just brought over a bunch of stuff no one wanted and charged 50 bucks for 3 episodes (Though I was a huge fan of SRW: OG: DW).

A good chunk of their recent shows have been licensed already to other R1 companies, too (of course that doesn't mean they actually held the international licensing rights to all those shows). I still don't know what determines what shows Aniplex USA will license for release. But, I have to say Aniplex JPs strategy isn't bad with the two-pronged approach.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3