• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Gallery - Amy Reeder Hadley

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tofusensei

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Fantastic illustrations. I know what I'm picking up next time I buy comics.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I get to go outdoors and see people regularly...I highly recommend it and I hope I'll always be able to afford it.

I'd say I feel the same way as you do.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:41 pm Reply with quote
I've always loved the art I saw in Madame Xanadu, but never really sat down to try and read it, but I'm changing my mind now I think. Awesome column as always.
FeralKat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:33 pm Reply with quote
I'm so happy she succeed in putting herself on the map! I just bought the Madam Xanadu GN and it's money well spent. Very Happy
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:43 am Reply with quote
Wasn't there supposed to be a Volume 3 for 'Fool's Gold', before Tokyopop gave up on it and most of their other OEL titles? It left some aspects of the story unresolved in a way that it left things hanging in the air. I'm surprised they didn't mention that, unless Amy just accepted Volume 2 as the end.
Pandy Wandy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:56 pm Reply with quote
I totally feel the same way about having a volume 3 of Fool's Gold. Volume 2 felt like is ended with many things unresolved and I'm itching for a new volume. I hope with the attention she's getting on her current series that sales would pick up for Fool's Gold and Tokyopop would perhaps revisit it to release a third volume...? Smile
AsahiHime

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:49 pm Reply with quote
What sucks is that is Fool's Gold isn't finished, there's little quip about the next volume. I'm guessing the plan got scrapped. Oh well. Sad
BUT I'm really excited for Hadley, I've been following her for a few years now and it's pretty dern exciting that she's made it this far and has been able to stretch herself over the manga and American comic scenes.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Ha. I posted over in the "What ever happened to TokyoPop creators" thread about Amy Reeder Hadley after looking at a nice summarized review on another site. Then the next day I find she's a featured artist on ANN's column. Nice

I've been following this book from issue one. Right now there's a guest artist on the book, but Amy's coming back. Considering the artist worked on the character over a decade ago and is quite established in the industry, that follow up quite a compliment to her work.

I first picked up Madam Xanadu knowing nothing about the character. I only knew it was a new Matt Wagner book for Vertigo. I was disappointed he wasn't drawing it, but the preview art was so good I didn't mind. Her style works wonders on the book. As nice as Kaluta's art is and fitting for the art, I am looking forward to seeing Hedley back on art.

Of course now I gotta track down Fool's Gold. Never really went after it save for some interest from the geology geek in me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1