• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evangelion Chronicle Magazine to Re-Launch in January

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Only Evangelion. 40 issues for a couple of movies. Hah! I bet ADV realizes how impotent they were in capitalizing on the franchise when they had it new. Not saying they didn't make a lot of money, but they could of made much more. Let's hope Funimation handles it better once the new material movies start coming out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Proman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Only Evangelion. 40 issues for a couple of movies. Hah! I bet ADV realizes how impotent they were in capitalizing on the franchise when they had it new. Not saying they didn't make a lot of money, but they could of made much more. Let's hope Funimation handles it better once the new material movies start coming out.

In many ways, ADV did as well as they could. It's silly to compare 'Evangelion's' popularity in Japan to its popularity in USA. Besides, it's not like they didn't promote it or re-release it many times over to a point where they started getting backlash.

Last edited by Proman on Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
GloriousMaximus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Proman wrote:
Dargonxtc wrote:

In many ways, ADV did as well as they could. It's silly to compare 'Evangelion's' popularity in Japan to its popularity in USA. Besides, it's not like they didn't promote it re-release it many times over to a point where they started getting backlash.

Hmmm... I agree with you somewhat, but what's the point of releasing the series as the Platinum Collection, the whole series with no extras, forcing people to collect the singles, and then later release that Evangelion tin with all the episodes, and extras, and then later release the holiday edition of the seies?! I'm kinda curious if they made a Christmas episode of Evangelion for it or something (kidding of course).
But the magazine does seem interesting, but would I collect all 40 issues for the figurine?
Maybe
lol
Brack

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:16 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:

It's hardly "only Evangelion". This is a typical DeAgostini release, in the UK we've got similar titles from them for Star Wars, Peppa Pig, Harry Potter, Elvis, John Wayne & Hannah Montana.
saiyajedi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:50 am Reply with quote
Huh.

Reminds me of those "Zoobooks" things I used to get when I was little.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1