• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
11eyes (TV).

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Codexandra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:33 am Reply with quote

11eyes (TV)

Source: Video Game (developed by Lass, published by Lass, 5pc.)

Demographic: Seinen

Animation Studio: Doga Kobo

Genres: action, horror, romance, supernatural, thriller

Themes: harem, moe, superpowers

Plot Summary: Satsuki Kakeru lost his sister by suicide and has been living a dull life ever since then. One day, he is transported into a bizarre world "Red Night" along with his friend Minase Yuka. In order to survive and escape from Red Night, he fights against Dark Spirits (Ralva) and Black Nights.

Air Date & Platform:
[Oct. 6, 2009] (Tuesday)
Available on: Crunchyroll, Hulu

Episode Count / Runtime: 12 episodes
----------------------------------

(No spoilers)

Just finished watching this 12 Episode Anime.

Its a unique anime certainly, has some minor ecchi - though not so much, just enough to tickle your heart slightly.

In all my years of watching Anime.. this has got to be the one that impacted me emotionally the most.

The first few seconds of Episode 1 gave me goosebumps.. I loved it and i stayed all night to watch it. Each episode made me feel alive and happy, its sad to say that yeah i know but it is truly how i felt.

I really hoped this anime wouldn't end.. when it ended i could barely sleep at night thinking about it (same feeling you get after you finish a really nice anime) it left me wanting more and i feel so attached to the anime that i feel lonely not watching it.

I definitely recommend watching this Anime if you haven't already.. I'd like hear others opinions about this.

PS. I'm new to these forums so i don't know the style of writing you guys are used to, forgive me.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:03 am Reply with quote
I caught 11eyes on Crunchyroll and didn't mind it. Sorry about making an assumption here that may be wrong, but I'm thinking you may not have seen a whole bunch of anime yet. I think if you had, you would realize that 11eyes isn't particularly unique. A group of high school friends fighting to save the world against some supernatural threat is pretty well-trod ground. The show did throw out a few neat twists, but again, in an anime context, that is not terribly uncommon. All the characters were pretty familiar types, too.

I'd probably rate this series a B and feel I was being a little generous.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:04 am Reply with quote
I watched it, but my experience was not as great as yours, I actually put some of my reasons I disliked certain parts into the Oookami Kakushi thread. Ok there were some pretty cool parts, whether fighting or characters, though it kind of got mind screwy towards the end. The plot was kind of interesting with some of the twists towards the end, but they kind of came out of left field.

It was kind of strange to sudenly be looking up their skirt for some reason. I also found certain parts I think were done better in other series, for example the whole eye thing was cooler in Rental Magica, sword fighting with creepy beings with Shakugan no Shana.

But I guess I am not a big fan of things that start relitivly light hearted then turn really dark.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:30 am Reply with quote
I thought it was good, but a bit recycled. Although what was with that last couple episodes? spoiler[The second to last one ended with the possessed girl killing them in a sort of "bad end", then the last episode totally disregards that and has a "good" ending.]
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:45 am Reply with quote
I'm quite jealous of you, as it's been a while since I felt that way.

I can't remember the whole ending, as I wasn't paying proper attention, but I believe it involved another spoiler[dimension, and their different selves]. But unlike Blood-, I wouldn't be so generous and give it a B, but perhaps a C or C-.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:54 am Reply with quote
I would like to know Codexandra what else you have watched so you could maybe watch some other shows you might like.
Codexandra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:32 am Reply with quote
I can't recall all the animes i watched but..

One of the most memorable for me would be (in no particular order) Gantz especially, Code Geass, Chrno Crusade, Elfen Lied, Clannad, Kamfer (recent one) hmm and a few others :]

I'm currently watching Ladies versus Butlers, Fairy Tale, Naruto, Bleach and all those airing series.

As you can tell im quite into ecchi anime's, not completely but i love that element, i think its cute

11eyes the one i watched most recently as i said left me dazed with thoughts hehe

PS. Sorry im quite new here still, i think i'm overrating things a bit too much, i apologize
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Hideyoshilover1 wrote:
I like to think your trolling
so that's what I'll think
Anime smile

Well, if that's trolling, then it's one well elaborated trolling. Besides that's what he thinks about the anime; it's not like he's lying or trying to show off or anything, or is it?
But yours certainly is trolling.

Codexandra wrote:
Sorry im quite new here still, i think i'm overrating things a bit too much, i apologize

What's there to apologize just because your taste is different than another's?
Skylark

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:04 am Reply with quote
Well I'm gonna go out there and say it - I thought this anime was terrible.

For one thing, Yuka was the most annoying character ever - she's the only character whose name I remember just because I hated her so much. The premise had potential to jump out of cliche; but rather than that if just dove further and further into them. Because I play a lot of visual novels, to me it just felt like a very poor, shallow adaption of a really great VN. Not to mention the voice acting was really unbelievable (by that I literally mean I didn't buy into the characters or their feelings at all, given the portrayal offered by the VA's).

To top it off, all the action money shots went into the OP (which gave me high hope for the series) but that sexy keyframe animation stuff never happened in the actual series. Needless to say, it was a massive letdown. Sorry.

That said, a difference in opinion is exactly that, and mine means no more to you than yours does to me; it's these differences that facilitate discussion, so don't fear persecution by putting your opinion out there. Just expect it to be debated Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Codexandra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:54 am Reply with quote
Ahh i see, i found Yuka annoying too after a few episodes, but i always try and empathize with the characters in the anime to see how the producer portrayed the character if that makes sense :p so she wasn't that bad.

I haven't watched any 'sad' anime's in a while so i probably got attached to this fast because of that reason, so yeah.

offtopic:
I'm watching the ova 'A Certain Scientific Railgun' at the moment, can anyone PM me and recommend me some other animes to watch? Atm i've got alot of free time so it would be awesome. Thanks
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:19 am Reply with quote
Yuka was also very simular to a character in Shakugan no Shana, though the SnS is more likeable. I would probably recomend that as it is a popular watch, and the dark parts of the series do not too heavely detract from the lighter parts. I also mention that SnS is done by the same company as Railgun, infact a few background characters looked simular to those in SnS.
Codexandra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:08 am Reply with quote
That sounds very interesting, thanks! I will start watching right away hehe :]
Hideyoshilover1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Codexandra wrote:

Please don't
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Codexandra wrote:
I can't recall all the animes i watched but..

One of the most memorable for me would be (in no particular order) Gantz especially, Code Geass, Chrno Crusade, Elfen Lied, Clannad, Kamfer (recent one) hmm and a few others :]

I'm currently watching Ladies versus Butlers, Fairy Tale, Naruto, Bleach and all those airing series.

As you can tell im quite into ecchi anime's, not completely but i love that element, i think its cute

11eyes the one i watched most recently as i said left me dazed with thoughts hehe

PS. Sorry im quite new here still, i think i'm overrating things a bit too much, i apologize

It might be a good idea to take advantage of this website's "My ANN" feature then if you have trouble keeping track of stuff. It's near the top of the page by the "Forum" link. You can click that and from there choose "My Anime" and there will be a link on the right side bar that says something like "Add Anime to my lists". You can go through alphabetical listings from the encyclopedia and add things.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Hideyoshilover1 wrote:
Codexandra wrote:

Please don't

Why not? It still available to watch, for free, on Crunchyroll so there's nothing to lose but 20-odd minutes.
I liked the series, although it did have its frustrating moments.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2