• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Name in the wrong order

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Nishiwaki DATTO (西脇だっと) has his name in the wrong order and should be Datto NISHIWAKI instead.
(The given source for his Kanji name is fine, it's just the romanization that's wrong.)
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:42 am Reply with quote
Datto Nishiwaki fixed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:17 am Reply with quote
  • Ietomi YOJI should be Youji IETOMI, as both the given Kanji (family name 家富, given name ヨウジ) and this person's Japanese Wikipedia page indicate;
  • Yuu EMAOU should be Yuu EMAO, or actually Emao (stage name), and has the Kanji for her names (family name: ゆう, given name: 絵麻緒) in the wrong order, as indicated by her Wikipedia page.
  • Kyoko TSURUNO has apparently been merged with her former self, Mifuyu HIIRAGI. She has an "Also known as" entry of 冬(FUYU) 柊美(Hide-mi), which is a wrong split of her actual former name 柊(HIIRAGI) 美冬(Mi-fuyu) and as such useless. But that's not even an item where I could attach an error message to...

(already reported in the duplicate persons thread but might be better placed here; perhaps this thread might get a sticky one day)
386sky

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:21 am Reply with quote
Kamihara TOSHIAKI should be removed.
Araki EDEKI should be merged to Director.
Mitsui ITSUMI has his name in the wrong order and should be Itsumi MITSUI instead.
Kurahashi MIYUKI has his name in the wrong order and should be Miyuki KURAHASHI instead.
Senbata SAKURA has his name in the wrong order and should be Sakura SENBATA instead.
Kurata KENICHI has his name in the wrong order and should be Kenichi KURATA instead.
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Nanba KEIKO should be Keiko NANBA, as indicated by her kanji name 難波(NANBA) 恵子(Keiko).
Source: DearS at D2_STATION

Person Keiko NANBA created, 1 DearS credit flagged & added; the wrong credit for Nanba KEIKO can be hidden.

---------------------------------------------

Rintaro is "Also known as: Hayashi Shigeyuki". This has apparently been a separate entry before merged into "Rintato".

But this alias name is contributed to ANN in the wrong order: His birthname is 林 重行 = HAYASHI Shigeyuki (see his English WIkipedia entry). When doing a name search for "Shigeyuki" this name stands out as the only one in this order. Would it still be possible to fix this name order?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1