• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Panty & Stocking, Inazuma 11, Agukaru Promos Streamed

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peroxid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:36 am Reply with quote
lol Panty & STocking didn't look like an anime at all, more like an american adaptation of dead leaves. And was that Invader Zim?

Still I guess I'll give it a try, since it's gainax
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:42 am Reply with quote
I would be surprised if Panty & Stocking doesn't get simulcasted. I can see this being a cult hit outside of Japan unless the Japanese otaku ended up really liking it.
uicno

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:48 am Reply with quote
Peroxid wrote:
lol Panty & STocking didn't look like an anime at all, more like an american adaptation of dead leaves.

thought the same...but to me it feels more like I'm watching Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi...I don't think this will have many fans...if Gainax has enough money to invest in anime(?) like this one they should rather invest more in the 3rd and 4th Evangelion movie

well let's see it might be good but with this title and animation it might be Gainax's worst project
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:57 am Reply with quote
Inazuma Eleven... this show is about SOCCER?

Peroxid wrote:
lol Panty & STocking didn't look like an anime at all, more like an american adaptation of dead leaves. And was that Invader Zim?

See, I don't get this. Everyone constantly complains that anime is derivative, but when someone does try something different, everyone complains that it's too different... and then the same people wonder why we keep getting moe and shounen series
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:59 am Reply with quote
Panty & Stocking is going to be the greatest (AT LEAST most unique) anime that's come out in awhile.
kakitamike

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:15 am Reply with quote
It reminds me of the powerpuff girls. Maybe it'll be entertaining.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
braves

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:31 am Reply with quote
Peroxid wrote:
But Dead Leaves doesn't resemble the stereotypical anime look one single bit.

Anyways, if this show doesn't get simulcast, aired on TV, released on Blu-ray in R1 ASAP then it'll be a crying shame. This already looks better than almost everything anime has had to offer in the past few years. Thank you Imaishi and company. Anime cry
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
machetecat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:33 am Reply with quote
And suddenly... Panty & Stocking is my new must-see-show of the next season....

XD This BETTER end up on Adult Swim or on TV somewhere... I NEED to own this. It looks amazing.
garfield15

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:42 am Reply with quote
Oh yes, Gainax. Please never change. It's stuff like this that makes me love you every year.

Inazuma 11 movie is still kinda confusing me. I need to see what that's about.
v1cious wrote:
Inazuma Eleven... this show is about SOCCER?

Yes. On the highest "What Do You Mean It's Not Awesome" level ever created. You should watch it. It's great.
uicno wrote:
I don't think this will have many fans...if Gainax has enough money to invest in anime(?) like this one they should rather invest more in the 3rd and 4th Evangelion movie

well let's see it might be good but with this title and animation it might be Gainax's worst project

Translation: I don't like this anime before I've even seen it. Why isn't Gainax working on what I want to watch. They're completely ignoring my needs.
Peroxid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:48 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Peroxid wrote:

See, I don't get this. Everyone constantly complains that anime is derivative, but when someone does try something different, everyone complains that it's too different... and then the same people wonder why we keep getting moe and shounen series

There is different in the good sense and bad one. I believe that the good different shows that are coming out (and the best of the last seasons) are the one's from noitaminA. Still this looks for me like a bad different show, but this doesn't mean that I always complain to a different anime, I actually praise the noitamina shows for how different they are...
garfield15

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:50 am Reply with quote
By the way, speaking about your Dead Leaves comment, um, you do know who's on the staff behind the show right?
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:00 am Reply with quote
Oh, yeah. Even if I didn't know Imaishi was directing it, I'd be able to tell just from that PV. Does anyone else have a really distinctive animation style, apart from character designs?

...Mostly Dead Leaves, I think. Plus maybe a little Re: Cutie Honey and some Cartoon Network for flavor.
Myaow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:03 am Reply with quote
Gross-out comedy really isn't my thing, but I am digging the late-90s Cartoon Network style that Panty & Stocking has. It looks cool!
garfield15

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:06 am Reply with quote
I nominate Zac to review this for the Fall Preview Guide.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:14 am Reply with quote
Nominate my ass! We're drafting him!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6