• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Tsukihime DVD 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 5:22 pm Reply with quote
The dub is a bit under-rated (I didn't find the supporting performances to be so shaky), but otherwise I agree with all of Carlos's comments.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Hehehe, Tsukihime did get better (well, almost despite a few plot holes). Cool

And do people really get bothered if the English dub keeps the honorifics like "sempai"? I thought of it as a cute gesture.
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Tsukihime's pacing wasn't just slow, it was terrible. Mind you, it's not that I always don't like slow paced shows or that I always find a focus on conversations between characters boring (depending) and constantly expect something to blow up, it's just that this show makes you sit through so many somewhat interesting exchanges between mildly interesting characters and the pay off was minimal. A knife fight, woo hoo! It was a cool knife fight (I'm sure they poured half their budget into it), but at the end, it left me going "Ahaha...that...that's it? Seriously?". I wouldn't mind the pace so much if the characters were really as interesting as the show thought they were, but I found them to be somewhat interesting at best and not really enough for me to give a damn if they stepped on a rusty nail.

I wanted to love this show, very badly, but this show just didn't love me back.

I've always had the nagging feeling that if there were a few less shots of empty classrooms and parking lots, they could've fit in enough extra story to make it worth sitting through. Even if they did it with stick figures!
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Captain Crotchspike wrote:
I've always had the nagging feeling that if there were a few less shots of empty classrooms and parking lots, they could've fit in enough extra story to make it worth sitting through. Even if they did it with stick figures!

Extra story with stick figures somehow reminds me of the last two episodes of Evangelion, and fandom seems to have decided that more of that would be a bad thing.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Somehow, Necros just got 1,000 points.

Well, Tsukihime was predictable at various points (e.g. the little violin incident) However, I will give the people in charge credit for basically resolving a lot at the end of Episode 11. That's actually kinda serious.

Now if they only did a Melty Blood anime instead (or follow up on that Necoarc movie...)
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
Somehow, Necros just got 1,000 points.

Well, Tsukihime was predictable at various points (e.g. the little violin incident) However, I will give the people in charge credit for basically resolving a lot at the end of Episode 11. That's actually kinda serious.

Now if they only did a Melty Blood anime instead (or follow up on that Necoarc movie...)

The only real complaint that I hear a lot is how little the anime scratched the surface of the original story, as well as making some out of character personality changes (they did kinda make Shiki just a bit too emo.)

A Melty Blood OVA would sound more justifiable than an actual series (I'm not sure what you were implying though). Though I'd be more than thrilled to see Warakia fully animated (and voiced >=D ).

And alas, if they only ever made the Necoarc movie to begin with... -_-;
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:03 pm Reply with quote
I was implying that I <3 the Melty Blood game (Cept for G-Akiha, stupid dog...) and that there would actually be plot as opposed to just sitting around waiting for confirmation that spoiler[everybody's (un)dead or something close] and also for spoiler[Arc and Shiki finally to get into bed.]

Also, I want my catgirls, dammit! =^__^=
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1