• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Togainu no Chi Final Episode Stream Delayed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:46 am Reply with quote
Hey, I have no problem waiting a couple of days. The same probably can't be said for those ANN "fans" who might feel the need to poke around and see if they can see it a little early. Rolling Eyes
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:07 am Reply with quote
Hasn't episode twelve already been aired in Japan? Wikipedia says the airing date was December 23rd, and I have already downloaded and watched it (being in New Zealand I had to resort to fansubs).

This news has me perplexed. Perhaps someone can shine some light on it?
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:43 pm Reply with quote
We get to post the shows immediately after the LAST TV station airs them in Japan. Unfortunately, unlike most network American TV shows, every local station in Japan airs their programming at a different time, and both Oreimo and Togainu premieres were spread out over 6 days or so in various areas of the country.

This episode, the last airing falls on New Years Day, which is a big deal in Japan and so every TV station is doing 'round the clock special programming. So it got bumped a week. So, we must wait for them.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Ah, I see. I forgot that Anime is often (usually?) broadcast on multiple channels and at different times. The answer is so obvious in hindsight. Anyway, thanks for clearing that up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1