• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Daily Cosplay: Naruto's Kakashi Hatake

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:46 am Reply with quote
Wow. Custom made contact lens.

I wonder if it was uncomfortable?

Otherwise, good make-up job with the scar.
Sakura-Alchemist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:25 am Reply with quote
looks heavily photo-shopped to me, and it kinda bothers me because of that looks un-natural. :<
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:04 am Reply with quote
This looks shopped. I can tell from the pixels.
Iridescent_Fall

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:08 am Reply with quote
What happened to getting the right colour wig? It looks like he had a black one and tried to spray it white. Ugh. I'm not trying to be overly negative, but I've seen much better Kakashi cosplays, that's for sure. Also, contacts like that are super easy to come by if you have a bit of money.

I'm not really liking this cosplay feature. It'd be nice to see better photos and maybe a little interview section detailing how the cosplayer made the costume (or went about assembling it), or interesting things that happened while wearing it.
Ariolander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:55 am Reply with quote
It may or may not be shooped but it is definately overexposed. The photographer either needs to "bounce" or diffuse his/her light. Direct flash can be very harsh and unflattering.

This photo (and its framing) probably do not do the cosplay justice.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
giapet
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:17 am Reply with quote
Oh, it's definitely shopped-- I just thought it came out pretty awesome-looking Smile

Iridescent_Fall wrote:
What happened to getting the right colour wig? It looks like he had a black one and tried to spray it white. Ugh. I'm not trying to be overly negative, but I've seen much better Kakashi cosplays, that's for sure. Also, contacts like that are super easy to come by if you have a bit of money.

I'm not really liking this cosplay feature. It'd be nice to see better photos and maybe a little interview section detailing how the cosplayer made the costume (or went about assembling it), or interesting things that happened while wearing it.

I actually liked the hair; I thought it looked more the way grey hair actually looks on most guys...i.e. not all of your hair goes grey immediately.

And yes, it would definitely be nice if we could post an interview with a cosplayer every day, but then I wouldn't have much time to do anything else! Wink

In all seriousness, there's the added complication that even if we could get a cosplayer every day-- or even just every week --we would also have to track down the photographers to get permission to repost their photos, as cosplayers don't necessarily own the rights to photos of themselves.

That said, we'll keep your thoughts in mind. Smile
HuskofDaimao

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:01 pm Reply with quote
What this post necessary? I'm not really getting it. Feels like this is irrelevant to anything and everything remotely interesting.

Besides, that cosplay isn't even that good- I've seen much better for Kakashi.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:40 am Reply with quote
HuskofDaimao wrote:
What this post necessary? I'm not really getting it. Feels like this is irrelevant to anything and everything remotely interesting.

Cosplay is an integral part of the Anime and Manga fandom. People love to dress up as their favorite characters and traipse around being...whomever. It's about as relevant as model kits and artbooks and key chains.....
DTJB

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Hair is too big for the picture.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1