• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Arcade of My Youth

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sainta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:54 pm Reply with quote
The wait for Metal Gear Rising is painful, I wanna play it!
Aynslesa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, most of the games in this X Button either aren't my genre or aren't my system, but I can't wait for my pre-ordered copy of Hakuouki: Warriors of the Shinsengumi to come in. Very Happy ::raises hand:: Hakuouki fan, right here!
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Also, if anyone is willing to buy from JP PSN/XBLA, Virtua Striker and Virtual-On are both out. Both are ¥800/800MSP each.

Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Man, I remember playing all of those arcade games back in the day. So much fun... and *so* many quarters. I never did finish Ghosts-n-Goblins, either: the two flying demons near the end always killed me, except the one time I made it past them and found out I had the wrong kind of weapon.

Good times. I'll almost certainly buy those game packages.
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:24 pm Reply with quote
"I am the assassin of the night! I live in the dark, hiding my face by day! I am the embodiment of FEAR AND EVIL!!! Master of the house of demonic dreams! My name is...the BLACK TIGER!"

The arcade games sound fun, although you don't have the full experience without arcade-style controls, do you?
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Yes, I'm probably a hypocrite for mocking spelling mistakes in a column that contains a few.

You have no idea. XP

Quote:
Well it's got guns in it. WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT, AMERICA?

This made me laugh because it's very true. XD

Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection: Never finished GoC5 (otherwise known as Aedis Eclipse here), but this is a game I've been anticipating.

Quote:
Yet this really wouldn't mean anything in North America, where we've missed a bunch of the numbered games in the series.

The same can be said of the Spectral series, as we barely have many of those games either. I really hate to say it, but Idea Factory's history isn't exactly covered with gold medals though and a near majority of people just think of them as a kusoge developer. Pandora's Reflection will probably be more of a hit because Sting co-developed it and they have a far better track record.
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait for that physical copy (+digital copy) of Class Of Heroes 2! Very Happy
Henry Jones

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:02 pm Reply with quote
I already have the Capcom Arcade Collections for the PSP, so I've got most of these. They're perfect portable games, come to think of it. Pop one disc in and you have around 20 choices, each one lasting about an hour, depending on how brutal the difficulty is. I've found the Ghost n' Goblins series aren't even the hardest games on there. The overhead scrolling ones that send you back to set points when you die after one hit and you have to go all the way back to the beginning of the level if you lose all your lives. This doesn't sound so bad, but the arcade version of Legendary Wings is near impossible on 1 Player, even if you bump up the lives and lower the difficulty.
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:33 pm Reply with quote
sigh....I wish Class of Heroes was in DS/3DS.

That way I can have more than just Etrian Odyssey for that kind of stuff.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:11 pm Reply with quote
As an update to Class of Heroes 2: goal met!! Names can still be put down up until Thursday morning though. I just hope everyone who signed up pays and doesn't decide to flake out last minute. It's beeb a long and tough fan marketing campaign!
j Talbain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:27 pm Reply with quote
CAPCOM Arcade Cabinet looks amazing. However once again Capcom's love of price gouging their beloved customer is shown quite well with this app.

I want it but I know the pricing is going to be insane.
Northlander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:17 pm Reply with quote
I don't need more than one credit on Black Tiger. Twisted Evil
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:35 pm Reply with quote
For some reason, I'm hoping that Ghost in the Shell turns out to be something similar to Front Mission Online. The NeoTokyo mod on Steam (I played it a bit on release) seemed to be a fair example of what a GitS FPS game could be like, but lobby>team kills/CTF>inventory & results screen doesn't tend to hold my attention so much these days. If the GitS MMO turns out more like S4 League, I'll probably take a pass on it even though I've enjoyed the existing Playstation## games to pieces.
Battle Cossack

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:05 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Todd Ciolek occasionally runs a website at kidfenris.com, and you can follow him on Twitter if you really feel like it. No pressure.

Great blog, you totally nailed it on Royal Space Force, which is streaming on Hulu oddly enough. And thanks to your twitter I found the splendor that is Freddie as F.R.O.7.

The new Generation of Chaos looks pretty cool. I had never really pondered what an Osu RPG might be like, so at least the idea is an inspired one. Since Sting has always been the fire to Idea Factory's ice, let's hope Super Sting doesn't turn out to be lukewarm water.

I'm all for Capcom's celebrating their arcade legacy, as long as they hurry up and get to their 90's and 2000's titles. I'd love a chance to play some of their NAOMI games like Power Stone. Hopefully we'll also get some iteration of those Mitchell games like Puzzle Loop or Buster Bros.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:10 am Reply with quote
Battle Cossack wrote:
I'm all for Capcom's celebrating their arcade legacy, as long as they hurry up and get to their 90's and 2000's titles.

Techromancer! Only reason I still have a Dreamcast right now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2