• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gundam 0083 DVD: Music Problems?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 6:47 pm Reply with quote
I bought the first Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory DVD yesterday, and I've tried it on several DVD players and the opening and closing theme songs (and "Back to Paradise") sound a bit tinny compared to the Gundam 0083 CDs (I have the "Original Soundtrack Box" from Victor Japan VICL 40038~39). Would this have anything to do with Bandai changing the Japanese soundtrack from stereo to 5.1? Although I can only listen in stereo, I don't mind them doing this as long as it makes it sound better.

Also, I'm just curious, for episodes 7 through 13, do they use the English versions of the Mio songs in the dub? "Oblivion" (the English version of "Men of Destiny") sounds awful, but "Starlight" (the English version of "Evergreen") is beautiful (you can hardly hear the Japanese accent).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1