• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: DD Hokuto no Ken Anime's Preview Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:55 pm Reply with quote
This is one that I would love to see streamed. Kenshiro is one of my favorite all-time shounen heroes and seeing this parody as directed by the director of Fruits Basket would be very nice indeed.

I wonder if Kenshiro will say his famous catchphrase "You are already dead."
Marzan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:01 pm Reply with quote
That look so weird.
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:09 pm Reply with quote
looking forward to this. I hope it gets picked up for streaming but if not , well i guess i'll watch it by other means ; )

If its long enough wouldn't mind Sentai or Discotek picking it up. Both have their finger in the Fist of the north star pie so to speak, so yeah would like to see it on home video too hopefully in the future
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:22 pm Reply with quote
I've always been of the opinion that Fist of the North Star was (unintentionally ?) self parodying. So I'm totally up for this.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:03 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
I've always been of the opinion that Fist of the North Star was (unintentionally ?) self parodying.

Which makes no sense because Fist of the North Star is the first shonen action title to not be sports related, so what could it possibly parody? Really, some people can't seem to understand that over-the-top =/= parody.

As for this upcoming show, I'll definitely be checking it out. I loved the previous DD series, so I'm interested in seeing how this one will work out.
danilo07

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Which makes no sense because Fist of the North Star is the first shonen action title to not be sports related, so what could it possibly parody? Really, some people can't seem to understand that over-the-top =/= parody.

Really dude,really?What about something like Violence Jack that predates Fist of North Star and has similar premise,character designs and over the top violence.And no Fist of North Star is no parody just that people now lack the understanding of what made it so great.It is the same way people see musicals from 40s calling them cheesy and unsophisticated.It is not problem with the show rather with people.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:08 pm Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:
Quote:

Really dude,really?What about something like Violence Jack that predates Fist of North Star and has similar premise,character designs and over the top violence.

What I meant by "shonen action title" is that it was the first one to feature all of the stuff that is now considered cliche/tradition/a trope, but without having a sports background to it. Violence Jack might be similar in premise & look, but it's execution is not traditional "shonen action". It's a completely different beast.

tuxedocat wrote:

Neutral

Wow. nerd rage. zzzzzzz

It's not going to change my opinion. deal.

Wow, what I was saying was taken as "rage"? Annoyance, sure, but I wasn't filled with anger by the silly & incorrect idea you want to fervently believe in.
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:48 pm Reply with quote
No Jagi?
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:30 am Reply with quote
Scratch the "nerd rage" and replace it with "neckbeard pontificating".

There. All fixed.

Very Happy
DTJB

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:03 am Reply with quote
Saw some of the gag manga, interested in how this goes.

-Daichi now working on the show.

...let's do this. Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1