• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam AGE Memory of Eden to Add 1+ Hour of New Footage

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
naninanino

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:06 pm Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:
The only thing people like to do now when a Gundam project is announced is bitch about how much they hated the series it's related to and/or others.

This is like a tradition for Gundam fans. And also for fans of other big metaseries of anime or games (see Zelda and FF).
TopGunman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:12 pm Reply with quote
naninanino wrote:
TopGunman wrote:
The only thing people like to do now when a Gundam project is announced is bitch about how much they hated the series it's related to and/or others.

This is like a tradition for Gundam fans. And also for fans of other big metaseries of anime or games (see Zelda and FF).

Sadly that is true. These Gundam AGE haters on the forums are annoying idiots. Not because they dislike the series; and that's assuming they even watched a good amount of it to judge it; but because they waste their time complaining about it at EVERY chance they get.

You CANNOT go into a Gundam forum and not have some tw@t nerd talking about which series they hate, even if that forum is about 1 specific series. Makes you wonder why they even read the article in the first place.

The same principle applies to all fanbases, especially Transformers since more or less all of them are G1-purists.

The fact that some guys are being flippant about it by calling it 'nerd rage' or a 'hissy fit' instead of GETTING THE POINT shows what kind of cowardly bastards they are. All they can do is derail a topic to point fingers elsewhere when THEY are the problem, they are simply embarrassing to the Gundam fanbase.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Seems like someone's just mad that people don't like a show they like. Don't be so insecure. Don't like people talking about a show either negatively or positively, stay off forums.

chronium wrote:

Seed was decent but Seed Destiny was far worse then Age.
Seed was decent. I actually really like Seed. But I'm not going to really say it's some good show. To me, it's really teeny bopper Gundam. I like it because it's eventful and fun to watch. It's a dramatic Gundam pill thats easy to swallow.

Destiny? While it's big problem of being unable to balance characters is pretty evident in the beginning, I still at least enjoyed the first half of Destiny or at least until the old crew starts to shine. It had promise, it laid down some potential cool plot lines and had good action. Age, while it had good ideas failed miserably and thats the sad part.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:08 pm Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:

Boohoo! AGE sucks!
Boohoo! SEED Destiny is the worst!
Boohoo! 00 is boring!
Boohoo! Wing is overrated!
Boohoo! Turn A is not getting dubbed!
Boohoo! X is underrated!
Boohoo! Zeta is the best, why does everyone not agree!
Boohoo! G is super robot, that sucks!

Whether you agree with these or not, the point is, GET A F*CKING LIFE!! And get your heads out of your bloody arses! You're not making yourself out to be a 'true' or 'elite' Gundam fan, nor smart. You're just being a Goddamn pr*ck of a geek!

There are so many of Gundam series, a bad one here and there is not worth a hissy fit! If you don't like Gundam AGE, WATCH SOMETHING ELSE UNTIL THE NEXT GUNDAM SERIES IS ANNOUNCED!!

Can't wait for Origin? You need a life. F*ck you and your 'ME ME ME!! RIGHT HERE AND RIGHT NOW!' mentality!

Yeah it's gotten really really tiring over the last decade since about the time Seed Destiny ended. I mean even if people have their preferences for which Gundam series they like best and the ones they don't particularly care for or even flat out dislike (I know I do having seen all of them) it's gotten way out of hand on the internet and the constant hysterical extremist bitching goes above and beyond what ought to be considered reasonable and necessary. It's fine to be critical of any franchise and it's expected of something as long lasting as this to some degree, but now every thread pertaining to Gundam almost anywhere on the internet is just constantly filled with hysterical griping and shitting on the franchise and it's now the sort of thing you expect to see out of Gundam related discussion which is frankly embarrassing to me as a fan of the franchise cause it makes the fanbase look really whiny. No doubt people outside the core fandom for Gundam probably view the fandom this way (as whiners) and are turned off by it and frankly much as it pains me to say they'd be entirely justified in feeling that way cause it's sadly true now.

I personally miss actually having real discussions about the Gundam franchise and it's lore with people and the vague idea that someone might actually be able to gain some enjoyment out of exploring the franchise and to share that with other people. Now my best bet is to show a Gundam series to someone who hasn't seen much of it before and chat about them cause they don't have that bitter obnoxious attitude that just leads them to talk about which Gundam series is worse than the next one.

Like just watch the compilation or don't, but for the love of god stop acting like man-children people. Like the guy I'm quoting said, you look neither elite nor like you have high quality taste, nor do you look clever and witty, you just look like a bunch of tactless whiners and people with questionable priorities.

Also I love how there's an attempt to turn it back around on you and the like here. I think both sides ought to examine themselves and their positions and criticisms and see what they come up with rather than just examine the other side, but even then I see a clearly more logical and well-founded position in this matter. Personally I think if people can dish it they ought to be able to take it in turn and if not they have no reason criticizing others. I'm not going to try to deflect anything here, I mean what I say and at the end of the day unless somebody can convince me otherwise I'll feel the same about the matter tomorrow.

Rahxephon91 wrote:
Seems like someone's just mad that people don't like a show they like. Don't be so insecure. Don't like people talking about a show either negatively or positively, stay off forums.

I think his point isn't that people have criticisms, but that for some that's all they bring to the table, they don't talk about the show itself, they don't offer up any sort of insight, it's just aimless bitching a lot of the time. I have to agree with topgunman, it's pretty well true in a lot of cases. What you should be saying is he's free to ignore it, or better yet you should answer the charge instead of deflecting the matter off onto him, not that he ought to stay off the forums as if the topic has already been decided and his brand of conversation is unwarranted. In short be a man for gods sake, take the criticism and respond or don't, but you can't claim sole innocence in the matter if you haven't shown how what he's saying is in any way inaccurate or misrepresenting someones position here.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Actually, when I was accused by topman of not watching Gundam Age and just trolling the show, I replied with my complaints. I opened myself up to actually discussing the show. I listed my problems and expected him to at least reply with why he thought the show was good. This happen two times and in those two time's he has yet to reply.

So no, I don't think he get's to complain about people complaining about the show, because ironically it doesn't bring anything to discussion as well.

And that's really all it is. People are free to post how much they dislike a show and I've seen very few on this forum say it in such a stand offish matter to the point that they wouldn't actually discuss why they dislike the show. I have seen people like him not actually engage their critisim though and then just complain about how pointless on how much it brings down discussion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
TopGunman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:15 pm Reply with quote
@Rahxephon91

I'm really amazed how all you can do is derail the topic when looking back what what YOU said on THIS forum.

- I heard the PSP game did this
- I want the SEED movie! that

You had NOTHING concrete or new to say from the start. And since the forum clearly wasn't going to cover the actual topic in the article and instead be treated as another 'Hate on a Gundam series' topic, it's better for one to take this chance to say 'Listen mate, stop taking the piss, yeah? We know you don't like it, move on! Why the hell do you even give a toss about this news?' because this is getting tiresome. And I thought Transformers fans were a bunch of stuckup obnoxious G1-Purists aka G-Whiners but Gundam fans are becoming just that.

And from internet experience, if I was to just cut in and talk about how much I liked it, how much I'm looking forward to it, while ignoring the negative comments, I'd either

a) get ignored
or
b) be insulted.

It's a no win situation, so why bother? To say I didn't add anything, what can I add when there's no relevant discussion to add anything to? What can you add to when all people are talking about is how much they hate a show? Nothing at all.

So yeah, don't be flippant and talk about how you have the right to criticize because you're not being constructive, maybe you were in previous forums, but right now you're just shoving your opinions down our throats. If this was a 'What's your favorite and least favorite Gundam series' forum, by all means, go for it. Otherwise, you're just being a nuisance and it's a shame you're not taking the little time it takes to realize that. All you want to do is have everyone agree with whatever you have to say about the series.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:13 pm Reply with quote
I had nothing to say?

I heard the PSP game has added material on the two character's relationships. Do you even read the article? Thats going to have over an hour of new footage and it also happens to be based around the arc involving the two characters who's relationship apparently had more screen time in the PSP game. So my point was "hey is this taking stuff from the PSP game?" I even addedd that this may improve a weakness in the show, a weakness I've listed about this show.

and then I added my own opinion on why I dislike this news.
Quote:

What have you done in this thread other then complain?
You had NOTHING concrete or new to say from the start.
I have certainly more to add then you. I postulated that this may have stuff in the PSP game? I didn't know talking about news and guessing what new unseen things are about had to be concrete.

Quote:
And since the forum clearly wasn't going to cover the actual topic in the article and instead be treated as another 'Hate on a Gundam series' topic, it's better for one to take this chance to say 'Listen mate, stop taking the piss, yeah? We know you don't like it, move on!

This a thread about a new Gundam anime. One that people dislike. So of course people are not going to take kindly to havinng more of it. Don't like it" Too bad. Then don't read the thread or post your opinion and leave it at that. No one asked you to try and some self righteous poster and really all it's done is go against what you are saying.

Quote:
And from internet experience, if I was to just cut in and talk about how much I liked it, how much I'm looking forward to it, while ignoring the negative comments, I'd either

a) get ignored
or
b) be insulted.
Maybe. Who know's. So instead of trying to tell people why you like it or why this may be good news and thus adding to the discussion, you just complained about people voicing their dislike. You didn't engage them.

a. Who care's if you get ignored, you at least voiced an actual opinion.

b. But you just decided to insult everyone else.

Quote:
Whether you agree with these or not, the point is, GET A F*CKING LIFE!! And get your heads out of your bloody arses! You're not making yourself out to be a 'true' or 'elite' Gundam fan, nor smart. You're just being a Goddamn pr*ck of a geek!

Quote:
Can't wait for Origin? You need a life. F*ck you and your 'ME ME ME!! RIGHT HERE AND RIGHT NOW!' mentality!

Quote:
It's called 'anti-nerd rage' and seeing as how Gundam AGE haters constantly shove their dislikes down people's throats, which is something nerds do, I think I have the right to tell them to piss off.
Yep, I'm sure that added a lot and really made people feel good about you.
Quote:
It's a no win situation, so why bother? To say I didn't add anything, what can I add when there's no relevant discussion to add anything to? What can you add to when all people are talking about is how much they hate a show? Nothing at all.
This is the internet and no, hardly any of this discussion is going to be new or groundbreaking. But people voicing their opinion no matter what is actual discussion and well your complaining is really going against that. Hey I'm sorry that Gundam Age sucks and lots of people like it.Lots of people hate Final Fantasy XIII, but I engage their problems and voice mine when I discuss the game. I just don't complain about the fandom. That dosen't do anything.

Quote:
but right now you're just shoving your opinions down our throats.
How are you not doing the same then?
Quote:
Otherwise, you're just being a nuisance and it's a shame you're not taking the little time it takes to realize that.
Maybe you should take you're own advice. I hate to tell you, I wasn't the only one to say you're the only one bitching.

Quote:
All you want to do is have everyone agree with whatever you have to say about the series.
Can you read what I said? I don't want that. I want people to tell me their points on why they like this show, so then I can try and tell them why I disagree.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:20 pm Reply with quote
That is not how discussion happens. If somebody says something you disagree with, you make a counter argument, not just complain that you don't like them disagreeing with you or that you don't like them likewise complaining. It isn't conducive to conversation. Don't hop into a discussion unprepared and then whine that other people are being mean because you're tired of looking at their arguments.

See, now we've spent more time naval gazing than actually talking about Gundam itself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:29 pm Reply with quote
^
That's hilarious, given that trying to get reasons out of you for why you hate SEED is like pulling teeth. One of your biggest complaints seems to be that it is "too shiny", as if that is even legitimate.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quote
So AGE's last volume came out last week.

The total known sales for the entirety of Gundam AGE, all 13 volumes, is several hundred units fewer than the first day DVD-only, sales of the first volume of Gundam 00.

Quote:
ガンダムage 全13巻(BD+DVD合計).     22,474
ガンダム00 1巻(DVDのみ)         22,847 

○機動戦士ガンダムAGE 【全13巻】
巻数   初動     2週計    発売日
     BD(DVD)   BD(DVD)
01巻 1,991(*,***) 2,343(*,***) 12.02.10
02巻 1,655(*,***) *,***(*,***) 12.03.23
03巻 1,380(*,446) *,***(*,***) 12.04.20 ※合計 1,826枚
04巻 1,565(*,***) *,***(*,***) 12.05.25
05巻 1,470(*,486) *,***(*,***) 12.06.22 ※合計 1,956枚
06巻 1,523(*,***) *,***(*,***) 12.07.27
07巻 1,551(*,***) *,***(*,***) 12.08.24
08巻 1,356(*,465) *,***(*,***) 12.09.21 ※合計 1,821枚
09巻 1,455(*,***) *,***(*,***) 12.10.26
10巻 1,427(*,***) *,***(*,***) 12.11.22
11巻 1,327(*,***) *,***(*,***) 12.12.21
12巻 1,549(*,581) *,***(*,***) 13.01.29 ※合計 2,130枚
13巻 1,408(*,487) *,***(*,***) 13.02.22 ※合計 1,895枚

全巻合計22,474枚

○機動戦士ガンダム00
DVD版 【全7巻】
巻数  初動  2週計  累計  発売日
01巻 22,847 30,912 42,415 08.01.25

Warms the cockles of my heart, it does.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Laughing

That's....kinda sad actually.

If only AGE had turned out to be Mobile Victory Gear Fighter Gundam like I wanted it to be when it was first announced.

Anyway, I liked Gen 2 so I'm okay with this. Really okay with this. Hopefully, it means animated Artemis again. Really did like it equally, if not more, than Double Bullet.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:13 pm Reply with quote
While I'm happy AGE didn't sell well, I think that has to do with Japanese Gundam fans not wanting to buy a kiddy show. We've certainly seen numerous times in the past that they'll buy crap - Gundam SEED Destiny being the most notable example.

I mean, the first few episodes of AGE were not too bad, yet the fans still stayed away from buying them. So it isn't the quality that drove fans and their money away, it was the visual look of the show which many fans probably felt was beneath them. We shouldn't be surprised, Japanese Otaku have always prided visuals over storytelling substance.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:12 pm Reply with quote
The problem with AGE is that it has strong concepts and flaccid execution. I stopped watching because I didn't really like the characters and elements of the story had been done better in other Gundam shows while the new ideas weren't quite enough to sustain it.

dtm42 wrote:
^
That's hilarious, given that trying to get reasons out of you for why you hate SEED is like pulling teeth. One of your biggest complaints seems to be that it is "too shiny", as if that is even legitimate.

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1599311&start=30
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
TopGunman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:19 am Reply with quote
@Rahxephon91 -

Ya know, if you're just gonna keep taking the piss, by hiding behind the old 'it's difference of opinions' to justify trolling the forums you're not worth my time, and I'm not the only one who thinks so either, so as a final post regarding this:

The fact that you don't want to see more of it confuses me. What's to stop you from...I don't know...NOT CLICKING the play button on a streaming site?

Naturally, I'd be very skeptical towards those who hate on Gundam AGE because there are still people going on about how there are aliens in the story and the Gundams evolve 'Pokemon style'.

Opinions and criticisms is not the issue at all here which seems to be something you're not getting. It's the fact that familiar users keep, even the ones who have made valid arguments in previous forums, cannot say to themselves 'Right, I made my point, I said what I had to say, time to move on' - They just keep coming back to bitch about it even more.

You might think you're coming off as an individual expressing himself but you're really just trolling

The next time a Gundam AGE project is announced, I'm very sure a lot of familiar users including yourself, are going to start the forums by talking about how much they hate AGE, G, Wing, SEED, SEED Destiny, and 00 or whatever series.

Because this is gonna keep happening, someone has to say something whether it has any effect or not. Sorry mate, I'm just done here. Have fun embarrassing the Gundam fanbase.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:49 am Reply with quote
You heard it here folks. If you keep posting how much you dislike something, it's trolling. Trolling has to be the most misused internet word thrown around. And Top is using it in the stupidest way. The "I don't like you expressing that opinion so you're re trolling" way.

And oh boy another insult. For someone who was so afraid of being insulted, you sure do like to insult others. I'm an enbarnarement to the Gundam Fanbase? Yep, such an embarsment, looks at me actually talk about why I dislike a show instead of just I don't know hating and not, then again I'm a troll.

Quote:
The fact that you don't want to see more of it confuses me. What's to stop you from...I don't know...NOT CLICKING the play button on a streaming site?
And I'm confused that you can't wrap your head around this simple concept. I don't like Age and thus I rather Sunrise not waste their time on more. You're going to tell me you've never disliked anything and never thought "man this sucks, I don't get why they keep making it". Or you one of those super altruistic people.

Quote:
Naturally, I'd be very skeptical towards those who hate on Gundam AGE because there are still people going on about how there are aliens in the story and the Gundams evolve 'Pokemon style'.
And again! Instead of actually participating in discussion, you try and generalize those who like Age. Why should you be skeptical, pretty much every time someone voices dislike they say why. You on the other hand have yet to try and defend the show.

Quote:
You might think you're coming off as an individual expressing himself but you're really just trolling
I don't think. I am. Stop being a child.

Anyway I'm glad you are done, you've been pretty pointless and inane.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2