• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sasuga Japanese Bookstore

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazuline

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Because I see a lot of people recommending this website (maybe because of their attendence at conventions):

For importing manga online, I wouldn't recommend Sasuga Japanese Bookstore to anyone... ::edit=> ...unless they have no other alternative...

my experiences in dealing with them have been raught with horrible customer service (i.e. 1-2+ weeks to answer e-mails/phonecall) and delivery took months not the advertised "5-8" buisness days to ship within the US... not to mention that on one occasion the order was shipped incorrectly (i.e. was missing items).

Last edited by lazuline on Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
.Sy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:21 pm Reply with quote
How many times have you bought from them? I'm not trying to challenge you or anything, I'm just curious.
Quote:
Because I see a lot of people recommending this website (maybe because of their attendence at conventions):
I've linked to Sasuga mainly because they are a fairly large online retailer of books from Japan, and they're hard to miss after searching online for books.
Anyway, so is this for their import manga only, or their entire site?
lazuline

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Well, I wouldn't say that Sasuga doesn't run a fair buissness ...

It's merely that their customor service/timeliness of delivery isn't as impressive as their inventory. For comparison, I ordered books from amazon.co.jp that took less time to ship(literally) then orders from Sasuga)
Daisho

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:52 pm Reply with quote
I bought two books from them two Thursdays ago that still haven't arrived, and were very overpriced, at $6.20 instead of the retail $3.90 (390 yen). I wish I'd taken more time to look around now for a better store. But I can't find any...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1