• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ah! Hellsing vol.1

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkullKnight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:27 am Reply with quote
anybody get it yet? got mine, read it, I like it just as much as Kenshin. Its alittle more comedic than the anime counterpart, which is good. The art style is definitely different in a good way.
EMY23-23

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:00 am Reply with quote
I just got mine also, and I found it very entertaining, but I did not like the art style that much.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
ZahmiraV

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Mine has arrived, but at my univeristy appartment, so I don't get to read it until Jan. 5.

I have seen the artwork, and I really like it, and I've heard that the story and characters are much better than the anime. Can't wait!
Iscariot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:22 am Reply with quote
I reserved a copy at borders but they never called and I never went to get it.
draxsis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Got it, read it, loved every second of it. I lauged my a** off at some parts. and the little side story in the back was a real treat. spoiler[:scitzoid nun/berserker anyone?] Aside from that the art work was a nice change from the anime,
and I can honestly say that I can't wait for the next volume.
space clam

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:07 pm Reply with quote
RARRRGH! My friend bugs me about not yet having it to no end. But no one at my bookstores understands what I want! The Borders book guy must have had a critical portion of his brain pierced(not to mention 11/12 of his face) and the Barnes & Noble girl was so ditzy she thought I wanted coffee flavored like fruit! (manga=mango?) Guess I'll have to order it from the Internet and wait for the Post Office to lose it... Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
ZahmiraV

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:12 pm Reply with quote
space clam wrote:
RARRRGH! My friend bugs me about not yet having it to no end. But no one at my bookstores understands what I want! The Borders book guy must have had a critical portion of his brain pierced(not to mention 11/12 of his face) and the Barnes & Noble girl was so ditzy she thought I wanted coffee flavored like fruit! (manga=mango?) Guess I'll have to order it from the Internet and wait for the Post Office to lose it... Crying or Very sad

I ordered mine from amazon.ca (or .com). I believe they ship within 24 hours, and mine arrived the same day that it was shipped. And that was a Sunday!

I'll soon be able to read it, my precious.....
qollocust

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:00 pm Reply with quote
I noticed most places were slow in stocking this graphic novel. I went to every bookstore I could find around here on the day it came out and couldn't find it anywhere. I stumbled across it by accident at Newbury Comics (they only had one and ours usually doesn't have manga). But at least I got it, and now of course they have ot everywhere.

Last edited by qollocust on Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Woo Jae

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:21 pm Reply with quote
The thing that makes the manga so enjoyable and different from the (more serious) anime is the humor, which is present all over the place. Plus the extra ep is awesome...
ZahmiraV

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:16 am Reply with quote
Woo Jae wrote:
The thing that makes the manga so enjoyable and different from the (more serious) anime is the humor, which is present all over the place. Plus the extra ep is awesome...

I like the lighter tone as well. By the extra ep, you mean Crossfire? That was good too, but what's with Maxwell and his wavy hair? Early design I guess?
Iscariot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:33 pm Reply with quote
My reserve for volume one finally came in, been waiting so long for the manga already.
Luff-Chan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:32 pm Reply with quote
qollocust wrote:
I noticed most places were slow in stocking this graphic novel. I went to every bookstore I could find around here on the day it came out and couldn't find it anywhere. I stumbled across it by accident at Newbury Comics (they only had one and ours usually doesn't have manga). But at least I got it, and now of course they have ot everywhere.

I had the same problem. I cheered when I got mine in CA and then return to AZ and find that all the bookstores now have them. ¬¬ I despise how it takes forever for them to get the manga I want in stock.

I do love the Hellsing manga though, I love it so much with its comedy and how Integra...is more feminine Razz
SharinganKakashi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:38 pm Reply with quote
I just bought this one a few days ago and I love it. Alucard is awesome. Anyone know how many volumes Hellsing will be?
Cerberus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:58 pm Reply with quote
I just bought this manga yesterday and have to say it's now one of my favorites! The art style is really cool, has a great story, plus Alucard is really cool. What's not to like about it?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ZahmiraV

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:15 pm Reply with quote
SharinganKakashi wrote:
I just bought this one a few days ago and I love it. Alucard is awesome. Anyone know how many volumes Hellsing will be?

It's still ongoing in Japan, but so far there are 6 volumes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3