• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Recalls Kids on the Slope BD Release

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Looks like all the complaints finally paid off.

Good to see Sentai taking responsibility for their mistake. Let's just hope this means we'll be seeing better quality control from them so stuff like this doesn't happen again. Smile
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Im glad at least they are addressing these problems and errors. It would suck more if they didn't care and left it like that
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Maybe you should hand over the license to a company that knows what it's doing, Sentai.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
mgosdin

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Good to see this.

Maybe the "Too few people, Too much product" issues that Zak speculated on will be addressed as well. We can hope.

Mark Gosdin
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:33 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy to see this. It's irritating enough when something like this happens, but even more so when a company refuses to do anything about it.

I also hope that this convinces Sentai to put more effort into its QC procedures so that these things don't happen in the future.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Good on Sentai! I am one of those TRSi costumers who already received their set. I rather have just the faulty disc sent to me; I rather not return my set and wait for the replacement in the mail.

penguintruth wrote:
Maybe you should hand over the license to a company that knows what it's doing, Sentai.

You being unfair. I think this recall is a step in the right direction. Hopefully, Sentai will not screw their products in the future.

Last edited by Angel M Cazares on Mon May 06, 2013 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
varmintx

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Elated that Sentai is actually doing something about this one. I liked the series a lot and want to have a copy sitting on my shelf.
ittoujuu

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Well, now what am I gonna do with this monaural television I bought? Razz

Anyway, glad to see Sentai stepping up and owning this mistake. Doing the right thing here will cost them, but I think it could be more harmful in the long run to have just left it as-is. It would tell people "don't pre-order things from Sentai - just wait until the discs come out and go based on early adopter impressions." I pre-ordered Kids on the Slope, and RightStuf got it to me early, so I figured I was just kinda stuck with it (tolerable, since I enjoyed the show, but hardly ideal). This kind of thing always brings me back to Valve's discussions of "offering a better service than the pirates", and leaving an episode on a blu-ray disc with single-channel sound wouldn't have been.
YuriGirl

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Thank you sentai! That wasn't so hard now was it.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:52 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Good on Sentai! I am one of those TRSi costumers who already received their set. I rather have just the faulty disc sent to me; I rather not return my set and wait for the replacement in the mail.

penguintruth wrote:

You being unfair. I think this recall is a step in the right direction. Hopefully, Sentai will not screw their products in the future.

I agree everyone makes mistakes at times. I also want to know who else is left to pick up these licenses if sentai hands them over??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
delariean

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Did someone check the regular DVD release to see if this happened on that version?

Glad it is being fixed...for a minute I thought they would turn into another company who is no longer with us that would just ignore their customers......
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Maybe the comments during the last ANNcast made them realize it might be time to fix it?

So does the DVD version have the audio problem corrected in the 11th episode? Since all I'm seeing is a recall for the BR version. If so, it makes me wonder what the heck is going on if one version is right, but the other version is messed up. Probably two different teams doing the versions, but just seems strange.

Hopefully Amazon flags it before they ship it out. As they still have it scheduled for release tomorrow.

Last edited by tangytangerine on Mon May 06, 2013 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
JEArgumedo

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:56 pm Reply with quote
I almost passed on this because of this issue. Thanks Sentai for fixing the issue. I know mistakes happen, but hopefully this will happen less and less and you will take greater care with future releases.

Obviously not every release can be recalled but thanks for listening.
Nobuyuki

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:59 pm Reply with quote
tangytangerine wrote:
So does the DVD version have the audio problem corrected in the 11th episode?

Apparently the DVD does not have the problem.

Quote:
Probably two different teams doing the versions, but just seems strange.

Yep. David Williams is credited as BR author, Neal Barnes as DVD author.

Last edited by Nobuyuki on Mon May 06, 2013 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Honestly that problem is easy to over look. Certainly not worth the hassle of sending it back.

Heck, I still have the faulty Darker than Black box set. I wasn't going to pay even more money to ship it back.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4