• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Survey: Personalized Autograph Experiences

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:21 pm Reply with quote
[placeholder post]
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Kind of expensive and limited items, but a cool idea nonetheless.
Davidnes

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm really only interested in getting things signed from the people in Japan, since there's no way for me to get those easily.
AnimeMaine

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:51 pm Reply with quote
I ordered the Eureka movie because 1) I have not seen it nor the TV series, 2) I like the personalized greeting idea and 3) I wanted to support this concept. However, I would be much more interested in getting Japanese autographs.
bhl88

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Another idea is an option of sending official products straight to the venue of signing. I want Nana Mizuki's autograph.
sarroush

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:12 pm Reply with quote
I'd spend whatever amount on merchandise if it meant getting Ohara Sayaka's signature! ;___; Since I wasn't too lucky with the Weiss Schwarz Trial decks.
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, I never really considered collecting autographs, but last year, watching people brag they got their personal items signed was rather inspirational to consider a change in opinion.

One day, I will have Junichi Sato's scribble on my Akari figure.

You just wait! Razz
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:22 pm Reply with quote
An autograph doesn't mean as much if you don't meet the person when they sign. The autograph becomes a souvenir of the memory of that meeting. Sure, it's still nice to get autographed merch, but being there as they sign it, exchanging words with said person makes it all the more special.

I have a poster signed by Shinichiro Watanabe, Toshihiro Kawamoto, and Yoko Kanno, and part of what makes it such a prize is that I was there in their presence, smiling back at them as they scribbled their names onto it. Another poster signed by Monica Rial means more because I was there telling her how much I loved her as Hyatt in Excel Saga. Would I still love a DVD signed by a VA or director if it was sent to me? Sure. But the ones that mean the most are the ones you're there to get.

Last edited by penguintruth on Wed May 22, 2013 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:23 pm Reply with quote
I would totally love to get Junichi Sato's autograph. I only recall him going to one American convention, so it's not like the odds of me going to a con that he'd be attending to be any good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Leebo

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Was hoping there'd be some FLCL stuff for Stephanie to sign.
Mylene

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:00 pm Reply with quote
I really like how ANN has made this more than just "here's an autographed item" by adding the video, etc. That actually makes a much more interesting (and tempting) product.

I am also one of those interested only in Japanese artists/voice talent/musicians/directors/etc due to my viewing preferences.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Only interested in autographs from originators of concepts, i.e. authors/manga-ka, creators, etc.
Eri94

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:17 pm Reply with quote
I'd be more interested if there was a much larger selection of items. And even more so if the prices weren't absurd. Paying 50$ for the blu-ray set 1/2 of K-On is a pretty good deal. Paying 50$ for the dvd set? No way. The K-On movie is worth about 24$. You want 50$ for that? Don't think so.
chrisc1978

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Get Brittney Karbowski to Autograph stuff and say uguu... and I might buy something.
Petrea Mitchell

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:20 pm Reply with quote
I realize this is just a conveniently packaged equivalent to writing someone an enthusiastic fan letter and asking for a signed photo, or standing in line at a con to get their autograph... but... meh. Something about the convenient packaging just turns me off. Sorry, ANN.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4