• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your user name.

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Efan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Recently there has been a forum asking about peoples Avatars, now im interested as to how people came up with their user names.

My user name is the name people call me online, although my real name isn't Efan, it's close sounding (shouldn't be that hard to guess). It all started when i met someone on Diablo 2 (popular online game) and i met a guy, we started to talk and became friends, after i told him my name he changed it into Efan as a joke, soon people started to call me Efan and it came to the point where i was known online as Efan.

Any interesting stories behind your user names?
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:26 pm Reply with quote
My board username is is the nickname I was known by in my senior year of high school. One of my friends started calling me that because my last name is Krusz and he saw my dad pick me up one day for a doctor's appointment in his PT Cruiser. It just kind of stuck.
coolGAL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:29 pm Reply with quote
My user name was madeup by me because of incerdable love for Super GALS!.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tolarian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:48 pm Reply with quote
I use many names online if you look around if you see.

Toalrian< From a popular card game Magic: The Gathering. From a card and also in a book I think.
Dramill< Modifyed from an elven name in D&D. (Aramill the D because my brothers nick-name is dre so I mixed them)
Smiddy< Something from HomeStarRunner I forget what episode but, i will never ever ever ever ever ever ever sing a song about a smiddy.

Chances are if you see one off theese people talk to him he's a cool generous nice person. =D ME!..
I play Ragnarok Online(qrRO) Starcraft, Diablo1, Diablo2, NWN... The list goes on and on... Runescape, Race War Kingdoms, Shimlar, Utopia, Dungeon Siege etc etc......

Last edited by Tolarian on Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Mine is a name I used during my time playing MMORPG's. Originally an alternate character to the one I played as my main I devised his name by altering the name "Keeonean" which was a villain the game UO for a time who attacked the town I resided in and defended. Really has nothing to do with anime but it's a name I've used in countless games or forums already and saw no reason to choose a new name here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
prettygirl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:17 pm Reply with quote
I was given the nickname "Pretty Girl" in my first year of university by a bunch of my guy friends Wink . They usually called me that in Cantonese (because I'm Chinese and a lot of my friends are Chinese). I translated it directly from Cantonese to English and that's why it kinda sounds funny in English.
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:18 pm Reply with quote
My username has been used for like... 3 or 4 years now. Even though it has a bit of Japanese in it and when I used it, I pretty much was a newbie at manga (not really anime, but I didn't watch it a ton either). My friend told me the translation of angel in Japanese was Tenshi, so I decided to make mine a little angsty with the Dark in it. Online, people often call me DT, so yeah. The 90 represents the year I was born, it seems to mesh with the username well. Anime smallmouth
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Mine should be fairly evident, especially if you realize my avatar is Marie Antoinette from Rose of Versailles.

Actually, I will admit that this username is actually not my regular one, but one I use when I don't want the baggage that can come with my usual name.
Baal Zebul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Baal is the the name of a demon in some old mythology, before the time of the old testament. Some other religions picked it up and added "Zebul" to the name. When the bible finally came around, "Baal Zebul" was changed to Beelzebub and named Satan's right hand man and the prince of evil, or something like that. Any way, I am sure there is more or I messed up on something, but I'm too lazy to look up the info right now...

Last edited by Baal Zebul on Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:01 am Reply with quote
My user name... one time me and my friend were watching "Flipper" and there was this kid on it who made this strange face and my friend said "God, that guy must have goblin in his pants or something!", then I'm like "Dude, a Pants Goblin that sounds totally awesome I wish there was such thing as one!". Then another day when I was at my friend's house I went to go sign up for this site and was thinking of a username and my friend's like "PantsGoblin! Use that as a username, it'll be hilarious!", So I did, and ever since then I've always used the name PantsGoblin on the internet... true story... really.
Rozzer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:51 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure exactly where I came up with the name Rozzer, or if I even made it up at all.. Some people say they've heard it or recognize seeing it somewhere, beats the hell outta me.
The Frankman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:54 am Reply with quote
My user name is sort of strange in origin. Back in 1999-2000 when I was looking for a non-sports related board name for all my chatsites, I wanted something that reflected ME. So I took part of my first name and combined it with both my favorite wrestler (The Rock) and the controversial Eric Cartman of South Park (because I was a person who'd think outside the box on boards) to make . . . The Frankman. Cool
Eric

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:07 am Reply with quote
It's my real name.

Or is it...?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ChurchofVirus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:31 am Reply with quote
I stole my name from a cult. Been using this name for a long time, perhaps some might have met me before who knows. On aim, yahoo, msn, diablo, diablo II, starcraft, counterstrike, neverwinter nights and so on and so forth.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:36 am Reply with quote
My user name is a combination of a character in a manga/anime series and one of my many nicknames. The character: Demon Eyes Kyo from Samurai Deeper Kyo; the nickname: Leo. Now "Kyo" and "Leo" sound similar so I just switched them around. Odds are I'm never going to change this and I'll always go by "DemonEyesLeo," on these boards and others.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 38