• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dark Horse Acquires Rights To Three New Manga

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Jakala

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:48 am Reply with quote
ICv2 has the news here. All of the manga will be in the unflipped, right-to-left format.

Huh, I wasn't even aware that there was a RING manga. Is there an anime and video game, too??
DaVeDuDe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 2:38 pm Reply with quote
No I don't believe there is.

I am glad that dark Horse picked up these three. I like Dark Horse's reputation with American comics, and I am pretty sure they can do a better job than Tokyopop.
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:04 pm Reply with quote
it was a book first I now that much...then I think the show...then maybe the movie then the manga? not sure.

I know there is a

Japanese Live-Action show (12 eps)
Japanese Movie
Manga
American movie
cyrax777

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 4:21 am Reply with quote
finnaly i can read Hellsing the way it was ment to be read on paper instead of a moniter!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
DaVeDuDe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 10:59 am Reply with quote
cyrax777 wrote:
finnaly i can read Hellsing the way it was ment to be read on paper instead of a moniter!

There already have been at least 5 books of Hellsing manga released.
The problem is that it's all in Japanese. There are, however, several sites that offer translations, chapter by chapter.

Twisted Evil
JELEINEN

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:12 am Reply with quote
I take it this means that DH isn't having Studio Proteus handle these titles? I'm fairly certain I've read that Torren Smith is against the whole unflipped art movement. Also, will this be Trigun, Trigun Maximum, or both? Anyone know?
isaacada1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:48 am Reply with quote
You are correct. All of the recent titles announced will be translated by Digital Manga. In anime, you have multiple dubbing studios for anime series. It looks like Dark Horse is doing the same type of thing for manga by having different houses do certain titles. Digital Manga doesn't have any experience doing manga translating and publishing so it will be interesting to see how this works out. From talking with Dark Horse, it looks like all the unflipped titles will be for now Digital Manga. All flipped titles will be from Studio Proteus.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Andrew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:37 am Reply with quote
John Jakala wrote:
Huh, I wasn't even aware that there was a RING manga. Is there an anime and video game, too??

No anime that I'm aware of, but there was a crappy Dreamcast game.

I'm curious as to which story the manga follows, though. The original novel, the movie, or (heaven forbid) the TV series?
Kei

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:28 am Reply with quote
There are many versions of the ring manga. You can find some descriptions at http://ringworld.somrux.com/manga.htm . I haven't read them but from what i've seen of scans and transcripts they seem pretty good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1