• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shin Gundam Musou/Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Debuts on December 19

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:29 am Reply with quote
Yes, I'm hyped!! I've been waiting for the next DW gundam game since the 3rd one came out~
Wrangler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Gundam Muso strikes again. I'm happy with them having bringing back official mode. I hope things are interesting and with some good twists to the game play.
megagold5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Love me a bit of DW:Gundam. Am exceptionally worried there will be no English voice-over though, going by the recent trend for such games.
TadashiED

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Awe no Xbox release?
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:36 pm Reply with quote
megagold5 wrote:
Love me a bit of DW:Gundam. Am exceptionally worried there will be no English voice-over though, going by the recent trend for such games.

Aside from project x zone, what other game had no English? o.o
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:58 pm Reply with quote
megagold5 wrote:

What? DWG games have always gotten dubs because they've always been released on disk, like a lot of Warriors games. There's a few that weren't but I THINK they've gotten back to disk releases.
F302 Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Namco Bandai should make like Sunrise Dynasty Warriors or Super Robot Wars Dynasty Warriors
naninanino

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:08 am Reply with quote
F302 Pilot wrote:
Namco Bandai should make like Sunrise Dynasty Warriors or Super Robot Wars Dynasty Warriors

There are the A.C.E. games. That would never make it outside Japan. Even Gundam has difficulties in the west, like with voices and bgm. Also, this franchise has been taking steps back and forth with each entry now. I really hope they bring back only the good stuff from the first three. Bring back long, scripted levels and no forced randomization and endless grinding. More arcade, less RPG.

The roster itself is quite fine already. I don't feel the need to be able to play with a GM III, when I already have three other GMs to play with. Bring in suits like Gundam S, Crossbone, Blue Destiny, Commando or Nu Musha/Mazaku (or even Satan Gundam). Then again, that would probably prevent it leaving the shores.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:09 pm Reply with quote
F302 Pilot wrote:

That would certainly be cool if they could make it happen. However, doing one those would be legally difficult to export. Japanese copyright laws are hairy outside the country. Example anything with Macross related material would be subjected to Harmony Gold approval (which sometimes debatable due to nature of the copyright problems their causing.)

If a Super Robot Wars version ever came out, Non-Japanese players would have to import it directly from the Japan.
Digimontamerfreak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:14 pm Reply with quote
more school of the undefeated of the east? YES PLEASE.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1