Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, September 9-15




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Stark700



Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Posts: 11693
Location: Earth
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Yes, Chihayafuru! I picked up the manga recently and been enjoying it so I'm happy to see that one the list. That same goes for L-Dk.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Catseyetiger



Joined: 20 Oct 2009
Posts: 757
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:26 pm Reply with quote
I saw Railgun on that list! hope Index is still getting released in japan as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pykrete



Joined: 24 Apr 2013
Posts: 145
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:23 pm Reply with quote
All Shingeki volumes sold 1 million copies in 2013. Even if any drop off the charts before the whole 2013 yearly ranking in November, we will see how much they sold during the unranked weeks.

Quote:
45,761 (down from 46,311) - weekly average per volume (1-9 only) since the premiere (23 weeks ago); 9 weeks remaining in 2013 count. Only 3 weeks will be airing anime-boosted.

1258163, 275066 - Vol. 11 regular edition, special edition
1714050, 30404 - Vol. 10
1742706, 25712 - Vol. 9

1076625, 42949 - Vol. 8 - highest anime boost
1046336, 39662 - Vol. 7
1037551
1038078
1030646 - vol. 4 - lowest anime boost
1036969
1048087
1069311

Regular Edition Oricon Reported Sales
13,098,522 - 2013 only
20,218,108 - all-time

Special Edition Oricon Reported Sales
331,182 - 2013 only (estimation only, based on last seen rankings)
544,337 - all-time (more accurate but still an estimation based on the following computation)

20,380,000 (total all editions) minus 19,835,663 (total regular edition only) = 544,337 special edition copies sold as of September 8, 2013
Source - animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-09-14/attack-on-titan-manga-sells-20-million-copies

23m+ - series overall latest reported printed copies
(probably higher already)


Quote:
One Piece and Shingeki weekly sales ratios have been so similar that for now, I think that Shingeki's announced 1.85 million first print run for volume 11 is just regular edition.

3 days
1542134 38.55%
764022 41.30%

2229064 55.73% | 2487632 62.19% | 2588312 64.71% | 2656177 66.40% | 2701662 67.54%
1054915 57.02% | 1110370 60.02% | 1138540 61.54% | 1214065 65.63% | 1258163 68.01%

45 days
2733493 68.34%
???


If we include the 275066 special edition copies for Shingeki volume 11, the Shingeki sold ratio would jump to 1533229 82.28%. That's why for now, I think the 1.85m is just regular edition.

One Piece 71 doesn't seem to have a special edition and 4 million is assumed to be its first print run.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hpulley



Joined: 26 Sep 2012
Posts: 408
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:10 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Yes, Chihayafuru! I picked up the manga recently and been enjoying it so I'm happy to see that one the list. That same goes for L-Dk.
Indeed, very happy! And happy that farther down the list, the LE version with OAD DVD sold 22130 copies! Season 3 please!!!!

Glad to see BTOOOM! 12 sold over 80K copies as well. Glad the manga bump is continuing almost 10 months after the anime ended. Still needs years of material to go and the anime sold like garbage so I am probably dreaming but I'd watch season 2 of BTOOOM! too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigivel



Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 536
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:06 am Reply with quote
hpulley wrote:
Stark700 wrote:
Yes, Chihayafuru! I picked up the manga recently and been enjoying it so I'm happy to see that one the list. That same goes for L-Dk.
Indeed, very happy! And happy that farther down the list, the LE version with OAD DVD sold 22130 copies! Season 3 please!!!!

Glad to see BTOOOM! 12 sold over 80K copies as well. Glad the manga bump is continuing almost 10 months after the anime ended. Still needs years of material to go and the anime sold like garbage so I am probably dreaming but I'd watch season 2 of BTOOOM! too.


BTOOOM!! Manga already ended! So they don't need years of material or anything!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hpulley



Joined: 26 Sep 2012
Posts: 408
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:39 am Reply with quote
bigivel wrote:
...
BTOOOM!! Manga already ended! So they don't need years of material or anything!
Are you sure about that? Unless BTOOOM! ended in this month's issue of Bunch I think it is still ongoing. Article? Source?

Would be shocking if it ended now as it just started a new arc so unless the publisher is pulling the plug on something that's selling 80K per issue which I doubt... I think you must have it mixed up with something else (which is easy to understand as a zillion titles have ended this year).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigivel



Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 536
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:26 am Reply with quote
hpulley wrote:
bigivel wrote:
...
BTOOOM!! Manga already ended! So they don't need years of material or anything!
Are you sure about that? Unless BTOOOM! ended in this month's issue of Bunch I think it is still ongoing. Article? Source?

Would be shocking if it ended now as it just started a new arc so unless the publisher is pulling the plug on something that's selling 80K per issue which I doubt... I think you must have it mixed up with something else (which is easy to understand as a zillion titles have ended this year).


Yep I'm wrong I read an article saying that the author was beginning writing a new manga in Shueisha and that he had run Btooom! in Shinchosha, so I interpreted as if it had ended. In reality it had run and still runs in it. So basically it means he now is making two manga at the same time.(Note: the other manga is called "La Vie en Doll")
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hpulley



Joined: 26 Sep 2012
Posts: 408
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:25 am Reply with quote
bigivel wrote:
hpulley wrote:
bigivel wrote:
...
BTOOOM!! Manga already ended! So they don't need years of material or anything!
Are you sure about that? Unless BTOOOM! ended in this month's issue of Bunch I think it is still ongoing. Article? Source?

Would be shocking if it ended now as it just started a new arc so unless the publisher is pulling the plug on something that's selling 80K per issue which I doubt... I think you must have it mixed up with something else (which is easy to understand as a zillion titles have ended this year).


Yep I'm wrong I read an article saying that the author was beginning writing a new manga in Shueisha and that he had run Btooom! in Shinchosha, so I interpreted as if it had ended. In reality it had run and still runs in it. So basically it means he now is making two manga at the same time.(Note: the other manga is called "La Vie en Doll")
I saw that and also became worried because that can be too much of a workload, often means 'holiday' months for the manga. I chat with some mangaka who write/draw more than one at a time and it can be done but it can be tough too.

I wanted to check out "La Vie en Doll" but forgot about it. Will have to look for it now. Thanks for the reminder.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group