• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Coppelion Blu-ray Discs/DVDs Listed With English Subtitles

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:06 pm Reply with quote
I heard about this very recently as well. Well regarding the series, I hope it will convince me to purchase the Blu-rays. I find the manga to be above average although not earth shattering levels so far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:32 pm Reply with quote
its the cost of importing the series though, i also enjoyed what little bit of the manga i have read.
Galap

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:50 pm Reply with quote
As a non manga reader, I'm curious: do you guys who do read manga usually just have known about and read this stuff, or do you pick it up when you see PVs for the anime that look interesting.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:11 pm Reply with quote
I read the manga a bit when it was published in Otaku USA magazine.

this got me to check out the anime trailer, and no i have not read more since that little bit in the magazine. What little was there looked very interesting story wise though.
[/b]
Pangea

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:05 pm Reply with quote
I need to watch this show!!! Oct 2nd!!!! I love the setting! and with a girl cast.. im in heaven.
fencer_x

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:43 pm Reply with quote
I don't know this show, but I'm glad to see more domestic Japanese makers releasing DVDs with English subs. The series I've bought with subs have all be really great quality, something I definitely didn't expect from the Japanese side of things, so I'd recommend them to anyone thinking of buying them for the English subs.
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Galap wrote:
As a non manga reader, I'm curious: do you guys who do read manga usually just have known about and read this stuff, or do you pick it up when you see PVs for the anime that look interesting.

It varies. With Attack on Titan and Flowers of Evil, for instance, I've been buying the American releases since they first came out, which was several months before the anime announcements, and WataMote I've been following in scanlation since the first chapter (I'm a huge fan of the mangaka's previous work).

But in the case of Coppelion, I only checked it out after hearing about the anime. I read the first couple chapters and it looks interesting, but I haven't had time to go through the whole series and will wait for the anime.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:31 am Reply with quote
Just an update. Animax Asia will be simulcasts airing Coppelion.

Sources
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1