• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: YTV Schedule Update

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:40 pm Reply with quote
They must've gotten a few complaints. Anime smile;

Hopefully Case Closed can be brought back to a pre-11pm timeslot once this whole year end CanCon infusion blows over. I'm just glad it's still airing, though. None of this excuses airing Monster Warriors on a 12-17 block, though.

But wait, does this mean that GitS got pushed back to 12:30am?

Last edited by Pepperidge on Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:41 pm Reply with quote
NOOOOO! Pokemon got kicked off of Saturdays! Evil or Very Mad Assuming that they'll still air the repeats of Pokemon during the weekdays, this means that they're not airing any new Pokemon eps ATM! Guess I'll have to start watching it on KidsWB, even though they're at least a dozen eps ahead. Mad I seriously hope YTV gets that licence renewed sometime soon (if that's the case).

Yeah, I'm a Pokemon fan. =\ So what? Razz

Although I seriously think that Beyblade should be removed off of its Saturday at 1:00 PM slot. IT'S OLD. IT'S OVER. YGO GX, or maybe even Sonic X (it should get at least 1 run instead of letting it rot at their On Demand service) could've been there. Is it still there because of it being CanCon (I assume it is since Nelvana had a hand in the series) or some other reason that I'm not aware of?
Zutto

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:36 pm Reply with quote
YTV needs some more better animes. They should get what adultswim gets. Very Happy
halochief_90

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:15 pm Reply with quote
I was getting a little worried there when I looked ahead on the satellite listings and saw that Case Closed was replaced by Zixx: Level Two. I mean the show only ran like 10 episodes up 'til now. Good thing it's still going. Watch it people, this show is way more charming than Ghost in the Shell ever will be!

I'm glad they took Zatch Bell off though, that was the only anime I really couldn't stand watching. I also don't really like how they've thrown non/fake anime into the BIONIX slot, but the anime lineup it has is already quite stellar and it's really hard to get anime playing anywhere else so I don't really think there is any need for complaining. Speaking of anime on other channels, (I don't know if this has been said already) IFC is playing 4 hours of the Macross Plus OVA (I'm assuming it's all 4 episodes) starting at 10pm (GMT - 6 hours). I might have to miss YTV's anime block because of this! DAMN!
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Macross Plus is only 2 hours in total, so they're likely running the series twice back-to-back, so you can catch the FMA repeat later at 1am. First I've heard about this though!
halochief_90

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
Macross Plus is only 2 hours in total, so they're likely running the series twice back-to-back. First I've heard about this though!

Well, it says on the site that there are 4 episodes that run at 40 minutes, but I don't know. And I guess I can run my tape on high quality.

I also forgot to mention that I'm glad they added anime back to it's weekdays. I was really starting to get pissed off with Reboot and whatnot playing!

Last edited by halochief_90 on Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Satanachia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Aye YTV needs to get that liscense renewed ASAP. I was really getting into Case Closed but 'twas replaced with Zixx: Level Two wich is just ridiculous (and if Halochief_90 was referring to that Zixx is better than Ghost in the Shell, that would be a laugh on my part). On the note that YTV needs to invest in new anime I'd be totally with that. I wish they would play Geneshaft or Silent Mobius. Also GundamSeed has ran too many times (not saying its a bad show but it has ran like 5+ times and is getting old). If they replaced GundamSeed with GundamWing that would be awesome.
halochief_90

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Satanachia wrote:
(and if Halochief_90 was referring to that Zixx is better than Ghost in the Shell, that would be a laugh on my part)
Oh god no, I hate those crappy shows! I was referring to Case Closed.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:44 pm Reply with quote
I doubt YTV will ever Get any of the older anime that they've already aired.

Zutto wrote:
YTV needs some more better animes. They should get what adultswim gets. Very Happy

YTV already gets anime that AS gets. EVERY teen-orientated title has aired on CN first before YTV did. Sometimes I think that they purposely ONLY get anime that CN has aired, and are worried to get a title that it hasn't aired in fear of getting bad ratings. That might not be right of course, but so far, any teen anime that YTV's gotten in the last 3 or so years have first aired on CN first.

That should probably be restated to "get more anime that AS gets."
Razz
Satanachia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Good thing about that Zixx incident, was beginning to worry someone was watching it, but I like my Ghost in the Shell. On the note of YTV not airing their old anime, why wouldnt they?
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Because they've already shown them, and their limited number of timeslots would be better used for new shows that haven't gotten the chance to air yet, like Eureka seveN.
Defiant7

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:50 pm Reply with quote
I am kind of surprised that YTV would show Zixx in such a late time slot I always though it was more of a kids show then anything an older audience would appreciate. I am glad Case Closed was only moved to a later time slot, I am enjoying it. Too Bad about Zatch though I kind of got used to it.

Last edited by Defiant7 on Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:08 am Reply with quote
Defiant7 wrote:
I am kind of surprised that YTV would show Zixx in such a late time slot I always though it was more a kids show then anything an older audience would appreciate.

Zixx IS a show for kids. I assume that YTV just didn't have anything else. =\ Out of the 3 new CanCon shows now on Bionix, Dark Oracle is the most fitting for Bionix out of the 3, but that's not saying much.

Ghost in the Shell has been bumped to 12:30 AM, so it's still airing.

& today's Naruto was a re-run. -_-
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:22 am Reply with quote
Oh man, I absolutely laughed my ass off when the "Coming up next: Zixx Level Two" banner appeared, literally, right after Scar blew up Basque Gran's head.

That's gold, pure gold.
Defiant7

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:53 am Reply with quote
I noticed YTV and zap2it made no mention of case closed does that mean its gone for good?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3